Chapter 7

Kiyoko Misaki's pov

I got changed on the bed and invited the four of them back in. I decided to leave the jacket off but I held it in my lap. Midnight helped me into the wheelchair and the doctor transferred the IV bag to the metal stick on the chair. I messed with the end of my braid. Tracing the foreign texture. Even though I had just learned how to braid, it was one of my proudest achievements. I set my feet on the rests. I rubbed my socks against the rests, feeling the divots of the plastic run against the fabric. Midnight got behind me and pushed me out the door. We traveled throughout the hospital corridors, I admired the architecture and then watched the as the nurses in the nurse's station danced around each other, going where the needed to. It was almost as if it were choreographed. One wrong step, and they'd all run into each other. The doctor deviated to the nurses station while the heroes continued to lead me to the cafeteria. A set of double doors opened and we walked into a common area. People sat and talked, while others slept. We went past them until we got to the cafeteria.

I looked at their options. Even though I had only ordered yakisoba because Hirota had ordered it, it was really good. I asked the woman for some and the three others also got something small. At the register, I pulled out my wallet from the sweatpants pocket. I was about to open it when I felt Eraser push it down.

"I got it," he said.

"Are you sure?" I asked. "It's really not even mine. It's left over money that I'm supposed to give back to Shigaraki so it's no big deal."

"Don't worry about it," he replied. He pulled out a card and paid. We took our trays over to a vacant table. Present Mic replaced a chair with mine and we all sat. Midnight began drumming up conversation. She asked me about my choice and I told her about this only being my second time eating it. We all continued small talk and catching up on likes and dislikes. The three of them began talking about a mission I had no idea about. My mind began drifting until an outside source caught my attention.

"Oh my god it's Eraserhead!" One girl whispered to her friend. I glanced up at the other three, who continued on like normal. They must not have heard. I kept my eyes glued to the yakisoba in front of me, but kept listening.

"I heard on the news today that last night he caught Misaki's kid."

"Oh yeah I heard about that. Apparently she was about to kill someone. She had a knife to her throat. I wouldn't be surprised, even if Misaki's kid is still a teenager. Someone that vicious would definitely raise their kid to be worse."

Is this what everyone thought of me? I guess I expected people to not like me but...hearing it hits different.

"That must be the girl."

Shit.

"Yeah the one Misaki's kid tried to kill. Look at her, she looks like she was on the verge of death. And three pro heroes are guarding her." Said the second girl. I kept my eyes away from their prying minds, but then they got up. I stood painfully still. I felt my core begin to shake. I pleaded that they wouldn't come over. But it seemed as if my luck had run out.

"Excuse me, Eraserhead?" The first girl asked. He turned and looked at her. "Hi, sorry to disturb you, but we're big fans. We're also fans of you guys too!" She smiled. I felt sick.

"Well, I appreciate your gratitude for what I do," Eraser said, hesitant.

"Yeah, we heard about you capturing Misaki's kid last night and we wanted to say thank you. Someone like her or her dad shouldn't be allowed on the streets. We're so grateful for you protecting us!" One of them said. I couldn't even keep track of who said what, I just sat still, trying to avoid looking at them.