Chapter 42

Kiyoko Aizawa's pov

Todoroki closed the door behind us and walked me over to his bed. He sat down and I did as well right next to him. He hugged me and I held onto his as if he'd disappear at any moment. He stroked my hair as I cried into his chest. He began to hum the melody I loved. My mind slowed down and flowed with each note.

He repeated his song a couple times until I let go and leaned against him. "Did you have a nightmare?" He asked. I hummed. He rubbed my back. "Do you want to talk about it?"

I paused. A little part of me thought maybe if someone knew, they would stop. If I didn't carry this secret with me, maybe the dreams would stop reoccurring. I sighed and sniffled.

"I..." I said slowly. Todoroki continued to rub my back. "I've killed people."

The rubbing on my back stopped. I felt my stomach drop. I knew I shouldn't have said anything. I felt the tears welt up in my eyes again. Suddenly, he pulled me a little closer and hugged me. I cried once more as he held onto me. "Do you regret it?" He asked softly.

"Yes. I can't sleep at night knowing that I did. I have nightmares about the people I killed almost every night. I can't live with myself." I sobbed.

"Then that's all that matters," he said simply. I looked up at him baffled. "Before you lived with Eraser, you were a villain. There's no sugarcoating that fact. That's just how it was. But that girl, that villain, she died the night that Eraser caught her. You are not that girl. And though the memories of her may haunt you, please don't confuse yourself for her." He lifted up my chin for me to look at him. He cupped my cheek and smiled softly.

"Because the girl in front of me right now, is sweet, funny, intelligent, kind, maybe a bit snarky," he said. I laughed softly. "But she is definitely not a villain or a killer." I held onto his hand on my cheek.

"Whoever you were or whoever you'll be, I will always be here for you. I care about you more than anything. You may have a dark past, but if there's anything you've taught me, it's that everyone has the ability to change for the better. Everyone deserves to be happy. And everyone deserves to be forgiven if they try to change." Todoroki said softly. I smiled at him and wiped the remaining tears from my eyes. He let go of my cheek. The moonlight lit up his room enough that I could see his eyes clearly.

We stared at each other for what felt like an eternity. I felt my face heat up as I got memories from the hot spring. The realization of my "crush" and how everyone had been so supportive. Todoroki seemed slightly unfazed though. He leaned in a little closer to me as our face was only a few centimeters apart. His finger lightly pushed my chin up to meet his eyes. His gazed flickered to my lips. I felt my face heat up a little more.

Todoroki leaned in closer to me, tilting his head. I watched as he closed his eyes. I rested my hands on his shoulders and pulled him in slightly. I tilted my head as our lips gently pressed together, interlocking.

I couldn't tell you if that kiss lasted for an hour or a nanosecond. My sense of time and my surrounding completely faded. Todoroki gently pulled away as we were left to stare at each other. Todoroki looked away and sighed. He grabbed my hand and held it in his.

"Ever since I spent the night with you in the hospital after the USJ attack, I began to get this weird feeling around you. Without fail, you always made me happy. I didn't really know why, but I just set it aside as friendship. But when you were bandaging me after the Hero Killer incident, I don't know what clicked, but I realized I had fallen for you," he said softly.

I felt myself blush like wild as looked at him. The cold, mysterious, aloof prettyboy of UA expressing his emotions to the best of his ability. I guess now it was time for the snarky, impulsive girl with a couple secrets to return the favor.