Chapter 22

Kiyoko Aizawa's pov

"You have 15 minutes to build your team, I recomend you get started!" Midnight shouted.

I immediately started looking around for anyone to team up with. I see the first person I need. I ran up to her.

"Momo!" I said excitedly. "Some of your items take a long time to create right? You're gonna want someone who can keep you safe from other people's quirks while you generate bigger objects. I got your covered. Not good enough? I can also tell you exactly what the other team's strategy is." I tapped my temple. I felt like a sales person, but whatever it took to get Momo on my team. I needed her smarts and her ability to create things.

"Nice pitch. I'd be glad to have you on a team," she said. We started talking about a plan when Todoroki walked up to us.

"I assume you two are teamed up?" He asked. I playfully elbowed Momo and smirked. He exhaled.

"Good. That's just what I wanted. I could use you two for a team. You can help to disable and trap people. That'll be really useful in grabbing headbands. Of course I'd do my part too." Momo and I glanced at each other. I went into her head.

'I mean, he is really strong. He's also smart. He came to us. He'd be great,'

Momo nodded. "Welcome to the team Todoroki," she smiled.

"Hey Todoroki!" I hear behind me. The three of us turned and looked. Kaminari waved until he locked eyes with me. He looked nervous all of a sudden. "I...uh...just wanted to say best of luck." He did a quick 180 and walked away. I sighed. How much longer does he plan on keeping this up?

As we looked around for a fourth member, we watched Iida walk away from Uraraka and Midoriya. We all looked at each other and ran up to him. We began coaxing him and persuading. After a bit he nodded his head and we were set up. My eyes lit up in realization.

"Wait Todoroki, what did you say about disabling?" I asked.

"Your quirk. It can slow people down. I felt it during the obstacle course. And I saw others feel it too. I need you to use that on everyone during the battle," he explained. My eyes widened.

"Everyone?" I gawked. "Todoroki, if I do that it won't be as effective. It's like I have a certain amount and I can distribute it to everyone, but there's still a limit." He hummed and pondered.

"Correction, not everyone. Take down the strongest 1 or 2 horses in every Calvary. They'll only be as strong as their weakest link. I can get them then. I know it's asking a lot, but I'll need you to give it your all," he replied. I nodded my head and turned to Momo.

"Momo, before this starts, can you make me a fast acting caffeine pill. Like 100-150 mg?" I asked. She raised an eyebrow. "It's for my quirk. Caffeine stimulates my brain activity, making it stronger." She nodded her head. She held her palm closed and there was a bit of a glow. She opened it to reveal a small pill. I dry swallowed it, hating every second. She cupped my hands and gave me a little bit of water. I gulped it down and thanked her. We continued strategizing until time was up.

I got in my place as the left wing. Since Todoroki will have a harder time reaching the left side, I'll use placebo to keep them from attacking full force and slow them down. And thanks to Eraser, I can give a mean kick to the shins. Sadly, I couldn't 'break' anyone's legs. If they fell, we were out.

"Begin!" Midnight yelled. The battle was afoot. Momo handed me a pair of roller blades as she got some for herself. We got them on and started running around. We weren't after anything specific, but if we saw an opening for a headband, we'd be on it. We looked around for anything worth going after.