Chapter 53

Kiyoko Aizawa's pov

"I'm gonna hold back because I don't think you'd even listen to me if I went off on you with everything I've held back for the past 15 years," I told my father. He looked at me and stayed silent. "First of all, why? Why did you feel the need to ever hurt me? Your daughter? The girl you raised from birth?"

He didn't move a muscle on his face. My father shrugged his shoulders. "You needed to shape up. You needed to become the next great leader of the league with Shigaraki. To take the League into your own hands once I can no longer. With All for One gone, now it's only a matter of time until you—er, Kiyoko and Shigaraki take reign."

I looked at him, unable to comprehend his answer. "Yeah, okay, but why did you hurt me so much?" I asked.

"Because you needed to shape up," he groaned.

"That's not an answer," I retorted, getting a little annoyed. "There are other ways of getting me to shape up then burning me, stabbing me, slapping me, punch-"

"And how else were you going to get it, huh?!" He yelled back. The urge to scream over him was overwhelming. But maybe if I let him finish, he'll listen. "You didn't know how to use your quirk! You didn't know how to fight! You didn't know how to control your emotions! You didn't know how to compose yourself! You didn't know anything about being a villain! Not until I started pushing you to learn did you finally understand!"

"You're wrong!" I yelled. He stared back at me in shock and disbelief. "How to use my quirk? How to fight? How to control my emotions? How to compose myself? Those aren't traits of a villain! Those are the traits of a fighter! And you didn't teach me any of that shit! All of that right there, I learned at UA. And there, I didn't have to be maliciously hurt and verbally abused by the people I expected to love me to learn! Dabi said it earlier! My quirk is stronger than your Kiyoko's because of UA! And they don't have to beat me! I don't need to be hurt, I have a will to get better! I have the drive! I have the motivation! The only thing you taught me how to do was repress my emotions until I burst and how to be a bitch!" Everyone stared at me as I took a deep breath, ready to keep going at this man.

"You have done nothing for me. Everything here, I learned from Kurogiri or on my own. If you want me to be a better villain, encourage me. Give me a reason that motivates me to go on. You beating me or your Kiyoko for that matter, doesn't drive her to be a better villain," I spat. I loosened my fists, realizing my knuckles were white. "The only thing you're driving her to do is kill herself."

The room stayed silent for a bit. I felt all eyes on me. I glanced at Dabi, who was listening intensely to what I was saying. "And you know damn well that's not the only reason you hurt me. I'm not your fucking punching bag for when you get stressed or angry, I'm your fucking child. And the same goes for you Shigaraki. Just because you didn't get at least seven chocolate chips in your cookie doesn't mean you can hurt other people and rip them apart mentally. Grow the fuck up."

The silence in the room was deafening. Gatekeeper looked at me with sorrow in his eyes. I wonder how many times he's had to hear me say this. After a minute of silence Dabi sighed.

"I'm sorry Orchid. I knew your relationship with your father was rough, but I was never knew it went that far. If I had known that he hurt you that bad, I would've stepped in," he muttered.

"Really? What's got you so sentimental?" Toga asked him. He shook his head.

"I'm not being sentimental, I'm being honest. And it's because I hate seeing parents hurt their kids. Do I look like I grew up with a picture perfect childhood? No, my father was an asshole. I despised watching him hurt my siblings. Me I could deal with, but  the way he hurt my younger brother...I'll never forgive the bastard," Dabi snarled.