Chapter 20

Kiyoko Aizawa's pov

I glanced around at everyone. Everyone was looking at me. No expression I saw was the same. They ranged from disgust to fear to relief. The silence was thick enough to choke out anyone in the room. My eyes met Bakugou's, who glared at me and then looked away. I looked at Kaminari, who looked nervous and looked away when I looked at him. I could tell Hagakure wasn't even facing me, neither was the sugar one. I lowered my head and took a step in the classroom. I heard a chair scrape against the ground. I looked up to see Uraraka running towards me.

She jumped and wrapped her arms around me in a tight embrace. I hugged her back in fear that she'd fall over.

"Kiyoko! I'm so glad to see your okay!" After a few seconds, more chairs shifted and I felt more people come closer to me and start to hug me. After a while, everyone let go and I gave a sigh of relief. I wasn't a complete outcast.

Kirishima walked over to me and punched me on the shoulder and hugged me. "Now that you're feeling better, don't you every do something like that again. I was so scared." I hugged Kirishima back. I looked at Bakugou

'Well, the dumbass is still alive,'

I gave Bakugou a small smile. An olive branch if you will. He rolled his eyes and looked away. I mean, he could've screamed at me. I'll take that as a good thing.

I glanced back at Kaminari, who once again looked away. I felt an ache in my chest. Hagakure and the sugar one I never had much of a connection to. But Kaminari, I felt as if we could become friends after the hero versus villains exercise. Oddly, I wanted to be his friend. I sat down in my seat and Midoriya walked over to me and struck up conversation.

"How are you feeling?" He asked hesitantly.

"I'm good. Recovery Girl did most of the work for me," I said. I straightened out my uniform a bit and smiled towards him. "Hey um, Kaminari..."

"Yeah, I'm not sure why. I think you just have to give him time. You gotta admit it can be a bit of a shock," Midoriya replied, as if he was the one who could read minds.

"I guess. But at the same time, kinda hurts," I looked at Kaminari who looked away again.

'Agh why does she keep looking at me? Just look away, don't make eye contact. Then she won't pay attention to me,'

My chest ached more. I stayed in my seat, knowing there wasn't anything I could say at the moment to change this. I kept my head low, sneaking glances at Kaminari until Eraser walked in.

"The sports festival is coming up quick. I hope everyone has been preparing as suggested," Eraser announced.

Oh right. It's around that time of year, I forgot for a quick second with all the other excitement. We always watched it at the league so we knew what we might be up against. But now I'm participating. Wait, that means they'll be watching. Oh.

Eraser went on to recap the logistics of the sports festival. What we should and shouldn't do. The whole lecture I was thinking about what I was going to do. What could possibly happen. Before I knew it, it was time to leave the class. I got my bags and I went to leave.

Uraraka, Iida, and Midoriya were already there, staring at the sea of people in front of the door. We stared at them all, wondering about their reasons and motives. After questions were thrown around Bakugou made his entrance.

"They're scouting out the competition idiots," he stated. We're the class who survived a real villain attack," Bakugou glanced back at me. "Well, almost all of us." I rolled my eyes.

Bakugou walked up to the crowd, making them take a small step back. "At least now you know what a future pro looks like. Now move it extras," he scowled. Iida started reprimanding him while the others just stared in shock.