thirty one

Harry woke up to the sun in his face, a pounding headache, and his own personal ray of sunshine wrapped around him.

Harry groaned and rolled over so the sun was no longer in his face. However, this pulled him out of Louis' arms who whined in his sleep at the loss of contact. Harry mentally rolled his eyes at the boy but couldn't help the burst of fond that exploded in his chest.

Harry slowly sat up, rubbing his face in the hopes of pushing down the nausea that was taking over him. His attempt proved useless when he suddenly got the urge to throw up, prompting him to throw off the duvet and rush to the bathroom.

Harry spent a minute puking before he felt a hand on his head and the press of a forehead to his back.

"Lou," Harry said weakly, his voice raspy both from sleep and from getting sick.

"You okay, baby?" Louis whispered, not moving his head from Harry's back but wrapping his arms around the boy nonetheless.

Harry groaned and let out a whimper, "I'm sick."

Louis chuckled and tightened his hold on his boyfriend, "You're hungover, baby."

Harry whimpered again, "I'm hungover, Lou."

Louis chuckled and stood up slowly, doing his best to pull the boy in his arms with him. Harry groaned in protest but Louis pressed a kiss to the back of his neck. "C'mon baby, let's get you some paracetamol and some breakfast."

Harry reluctantly let Louis lead him down the stairs and to the kitchen, the younger boy sitting him down at the table where he was greeted by Luke, also with his head in his hands.

"Hungover, Harry?" The older boy asked and Harry just groaned in response, only lifting his head when he felt Louis' hand on the back of his hand.

He gratefully took the two pills and glass of water from the boy's hand, swallowing the medicine before standing up.

"What're you doing?" Louis asked, silenced when Harry simply wrapped his arms around the older boy's waist, tucking his face into Louis' neck. Louis chuckled and wrapped his arms around Harry as well, holding him tightly and swaying side to side the slightest bit.

"Love you," Harry whispered and Louis tilted his head to the side to plant a soft kiss to the side of the younger boy's head.

"You are sickeningly adorable," Niall called out as he entered the room.

"Shut the fuck up, Niel!" Luke replied angrily, before muttering, "So fucking loud."

Louis sat down on Harry's chair and pulled the boy to sit on his lap before speaking, "Shouldn't you be hungover, Niall? I swear you drank the most last night."

"Nope!" Niall said with a grin, "You see I'm Irish which is code for immune to the effects of alcohol."

Louis rolled his eyes while Luke grumbled from his seat, "Shut up and make me breakfast."

Niall just chuckled, obviously used to Luke's attitude. "Harry? Louis? You want breakfast too?"

"If you don't mind, yeah," Louis replied, hugging Harry tightly around the waist while the younger boy pressed his face into the crook of Louis' neck.

As Niall cooked the group breakfast, Gemma entered the kitchen, rolling her eyes at her brother, who was groaning lightly and leaning fully into his boyfriend.

"Fuck's sake Harry, no need to be so dramatic."

Harry whined and Louis glared at Gemma, only half joking around, "He's never drunk this much before."