BONUS CHAPTER

From now on this story will only be getting one update a week, on Fridays. I felt bad because I updated on Thursday last week and y'all already waited like four weeks so here you go.

This is a bonus chapter, it takes place in part 2 of the book, before they come out, around November/December which would have been chapters 12/13 mostly.

I'm mostly doing this because I have a few regular readers who actually read when I update so hi, this is for you, thanks for being here.

without further ado,

---

It was a hard night. Harry liked to think that he was perfectly fine and that his life was good, but at night, it got hard. When he was alone, Harry found it increasingly difficult to shove his bad thoughts to the back of his head. Often thoughts of his dad would pop up, taking a place on the big screen, images not fading until the sun began to rise in the morning.

Normally, no one ever noticed these days. When Harry would move just a tad bit slower, when his voice was just the slightest bit rougher, when the bags under his eyes were just a wee bit more pronounced.

For some reason though, Louis noticed.

Harry was just locking his front door when Louis dashed down the sidewalk, panting slightly and coming to a stop at the end of Harry's driveway. He took a moment to catch his breath before making his way to the door, where Harry was fumbling with his keys and seemingly hadn't noticed the older boy yet.

"Harry," Louis greeted, eyes bright, but startling Harry, causing the tired boy to drop his keys.

Harry already felt so overwhelmed by the day so instead of picking up his keys, he slowly closed his eyes and turned to Louis. When he opened them again, his vision of the other boy was slightly blurred.

"Harry?" Louis questioned, confused by the younger boy's frustration and sudden tears. "Haz... What's wrong?"

Harry shrugged. He didn't really know what was wrong but at the same time, everything was. He blinked again and felt a tear escape from the corner of his eye.

"Hey, baby, it's okay..." Louis said, shrugging his bag off his shoulder and dropping it onto Harry's porch before holding his arms out and bringing the smaller boy into his chest. "It's okay." He mumbled into the boy's curly hair.

Louis thought for a moment before speaking again, "Let's not go to school today." The older boy, with a hand remaining firmly on his boyfriend's waist, reached down to grab Harry's keys before pushing the front door open and leading him into the house. Harry kept his head down, ashamed of crying in front of anyone, as the two boys slipped off their shoes. Louis closed the door behind the two, locking it before placing an arm around Harry's shoulders and leading him into the living room, sitting down on the couch and pulling the younger boy onto his lap.

These movements just cause Harry to cry even more. He couldn't see why Louis even liked him, he had nothing really to offer him. He was such a mess.

"Baby," Louis says softly, arms wrapped tightly around the boy as he felt tears soaking his shirt. Harry was curled tightly into a ball on Louis' lap, head rested on his chest as soft, occasional sobs escaped his mouth. "Honey, sweetheart, it's okay. Baby, everything's okay."

Louis' words, albeit were very sweet, but only made Harry cry harder. Louis was right, everything was okay, so why did he feel so absolutely terrible today?

Eventually, Harry's sobs subsided as Louis just held the boy tightly, rubbing his back and whispering into his soft, curly hair. Louis sat up a bit, only to notice the younger boy had drifted off to sleep. Louis turned the boy to place him on the couch, rising to grab a blanket but was stopped by the younger boy, "Lou don't go."

"I'll be right back baby, I'm just grabbing you a blanket." Harry sat up, more awake now, as he watched Louis dash up the stairs, returning a minute later with the soft blanket that Harry kept on his bed.

As Louis approached the couch, Harry scooted over, motioning for the older boy to lie down on the couch, so Louis did just that, pulling his boyfriend to lie down on top of him and placing the blanket over the two of them.

That's how Harry's mum found them, hours later when she got home from work. Her son with his head tucked into the crook of Louis' neck, and the older boy with his arms wrapped tightly around Harry, both of their legs tangled together as the two napped.

---

okay this was really short, I know, but this is one of the first scenes I ever wrote (fun fact I wrote it while sitting in a park, crying and trying to study for exams in June last year)

Anyway, expect an update on Friday this week

love you all

xx