thirteen

"Lou, please?" Harry begged him.

The two boys were lying side by side on Louis' bed, trying to figure out what to do with their day. It was the first Friday of December, however, all the kids had it off school and the two boys had simply been hanging out with Louis' sisters for the day, as his mum was at work.

"Baby I'm sorry but it's December, I'm not going to the fucking beach." Louis laughed out. Harry had now been begging him for over half an hour to take him to the beach. Louis shrugged and turned to look at Harry who was already looking at him. "Besides, we've got to watch my sisters."

This only caused Harry to pout and turn his head, followed by his whole body away from his boyfriend.

"Haz," Louis sighed, bringing his hand to rest is on Harry's waist, only to be quickly slapped away by Harry's own.

"Don't touch me unless it's to take me to the beach."

Louis laughed breathily, "Baby you can't be serious."

But Harry just ignored Louis, continuing to stare at the wall as he felt Louis' eyes on him.

"I'm gonna go check on the girls," Louis said. Harry could feel Louis' weight leave the bed, followed by his bedroom door opening and shutting. However, he stayed where he was, lying on his side, pressed up against Louis' bedroom wall.

Louis, on the other hand, had walked down the hall to the room that occupied his eldest two sisters. He knocked on it before pushing the door open to see only Fizzy in the room, lying on her bed reading a book.

"You good, Fizz?" Louis questioned.

"Hmm?" She sounded, clearly not having caught what Louis said.

Louis chuckled, "Where're your sisters?"

Fizzy rolled her eyes and looked back at her book, "Lottie's watching the twins play downstairs."

Louis nodded but stayed at the doorway.

"You need something, Louis?" His sister said, annoyance clear in the tone of her voice.

"How would you feel about going to the beach?"

---

Somehow Louis had squeezed all four of his sisters into the backseat of his car, which was meant to hold three. Although it was a tight fit, they were willing to be pressed up against each other for an hour given that they were going to the beach. Somewhere that children, and a Mr. Harry Styles, always wanted to go.

As Louis pulled off the road and into the parking lot, his sisters cheered and Louis couldn't keep the smile off his face. He pulled into a spot in the completely empty lot and turned to look at Harry who was visibly shaking with excitement.

Harry turned too and grinned at Louis, "Thanks, Louis."

Louis just smiled at him before turning around to look at the girls, "Remember, no going in the water, it's too cold. And stay where I can see you. And most importantly..."

Louis trailed off, waiting for one of them to finish his sentence.

"Don't tell mum," The older two chorused.

"Alright, team!" Louis exclaimed, "Let's go!"

They stayed at the beach for a few hours. Louis played tag with the younger twins while Fizzy read her book and Lottie spoke to Harry. Then Harry built sandcastles with the twins while Louis walked along the beach.

"Louis?" Louis turned to see Lottie had caught up with him, where he was about 50 feet down from where they had left their stuff.

"Lottie," He said, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and continuing to walk.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, Lots, anything."

"Harry..." Louis grit his teeth a bit.

"What about him?"

"I dunno what I'm trying to ask, just... You guys are friends?"

"Course we are, he's my best friend." Louis hadn't come out to anyone in his family and he really wasn't planning on doing it anytime soon, or at all really.

They walked in silence for a bit, turning around at one point when Louis decided they had walked too far.

"I'm glad you have him. He's good."

Louis smiled and squeezed Lottie's shoulders. "Me too."

They were slowly approaching everyone else and when Harry heard them, he looked up with a grin, "Lou, come look at our castles!"

Louis couldn't hold back the smile that took over his face whenever he saw Harry playing with his sisters. It was times like that that made Louis think about a future with Harry. What it would be like for them to live together when they're older. What their wedding would be like, Harry dancing with his sisters. What it would be like to see Harry carrying their kids around and playing in the sand with them.

Louis walked to where Harry was sitting and sat down beside him, leaning over and resting his chin on the younger boy's shoulder. Harry leaned into the older boy as he showed him his castle before letting the twins go into detail about their own.

"Harry," Louis whispered into his ear after a moment. The sun was setting and the moment felt so completely picturesque to Louis.

"Hmmm," Harry hummed in response.

"I'm so lucky to have you."

Harry smiled and leaned into him more. It was a perfect day.

---

fun fact: I wrote this in june when none of my friends would go to the beach with me

also shorter chapter but I want to give you happy stuff before I start breaking your hearts

thank you so much for reading

love you all

xx

[next update: Thursday, January 30, 2020]

^^^ I'm updating a day early cuz I'm going on a short trip (since I'm 18 now I gotta go to another province so I can drink legally lol)