twenty six

Harry and Louis both woke up to the sound of Harry's alarm for the second day in a row. Unlike the day before, however, after rolling around to turn off his alarm, Harry turned back to Louis, who was lying on his stomach with his face pressed into the pillow. Harry reached up and stroked the older boy's hair for a moment before pulling back the pillows and flopping onto his boyfriend's back.

Louis groaned and Harry giggled, pressing a kiss to the back of Louis' neck, "Morning, love."

Louis turned his head to the side and smiled as Harry peppered his face with kisses, as much as he missed his family, if he got to be woken up that way every morning then maybe it would be okay. Louis rolled over, pushing Harry off of him and moving so he was on top of the younger boy. "Morning, baby."

Harry smiled and reached up to push some of Louis hair back that had been falling into his eyes. "You need a haircut."

Louis rolled his eyes and let his weight fall onto his boyfriend, pressing his face into the curly-haired boy's neck.

"You also need to go to school today."

Louis groaned and Harry patted his bum lightly, "Let's go, Lou."

Louis reluctantly got off of Harry and the two boys got dressed before heading down to the kitchen. Harry put their lunches and school bags together while Louis poured them cereal and made tea for himself and Anne.

The two boys had just sat down at the table to eat when Anne came down the stairs, smiling at them and taking the tea that was waiting for her on the counter. Although Anne usually went to work early, she had thought, and Harry had agreed, that it might be good for Louis to have both of their support to go to school. They could tell he didn't want to go but they didn't want him to get depressed or to stop living his life.

"I'm happy to have you here, Louis, but if you two are going to sleep in the same room every night, I need you to promise me that you won't be doing anything." Harry groaned and covered his face while Louis just chuckled. "I really just don't think you're old enough or ready to be having sex and I don't want you to do anything you're going to regret."

Louis glanced at Harry to see a deep blush coating his cheeks. "Don't worry, Anne, we won't do anything."

Anne nodded but didn't miss the way that Louis leaned in to whisper in his son's ear, and the way that Harry's blush only deepened after.

"Are you excited for school, Louis?" Anne asked, sitting down at the table across from Louis and Harry.

"No," Louis said, "But it's okay, I'll be fine."

"You sure will," Anne said, reaching across to pat Louis' hand.

---

Louis drove to school and it was almost as if everything was normal. Louis could almost pretend that he had just stopped to pick up Harry like he had done every other day before that. But that illusion ended when he pulled into their school's parking lot and turned off the engine.

Rather than getting his bag and leaving the car like usual, Harry turned to Louis and reached across the console, taking Louis' hand in his, squeezing it but not saying anything.

"I'll be okay, H," Louis said quietly, glancing around. When they had first started driving to school together, other students, namely Louis' mates, had noticed. However, now that it had been a few months, the school had gotten used to the two, although their interaction was strictly in the parking lot and not anywhere outside of that. They were careful, they didn't want to risk outing themselves.