Chapter 29: The Truth Part 2

"Um yes, can we please sit and talk?" I motioned towards the couch and he nodded his head in agreement.

"Yeah sure," He replied, walking further inside the living room.

Once we settled down on the couch I spoke.

"So what's up? Anybody messing with you or something?" He questioned, looking me over to see I didn't have any scratch or bruises on me.

"No is messing with me, but my friend Stacey-"

"Who?" He arched a brow.

"You know Stacey," I replied.

"No, I don't know her," He shook his head.

"Okay, she is one of my best friends who were there with me at your club when we met," I waved my hand, nonchalantly.

"Right? And what about her?" He asked a bit confused "She's in a coma at the hospital and doctor said...said that she suffered from a lot of bruises...," I said as tears pricked my eyes.

Uncontrollably, I started to wail as tears streamed down my eyes when Cole sighed and moved closer to me.

He then held me in his arms and rested my head on his chest.

"I'm sorry to hear that about your friend, love" Cole said.

"T-Thank y-you," I sniffled, nuzzling my face in his shirt.

I hoped he didn't mind me ruining his expensive suit, but seeing that he held me very close to him he didn't mind it at all.

"What happened to her?" He asked, curiously.

"T-The D-Doctors said that it looked like she was beaten by someone," I cried a bit more at the thought of it maybe being Levi.

"Do you know who? Is it a guy or a girl?" He held my chin up and made me look up at him.

"No, I don't know, honestly. But maybe it was her on and off again boyfriend, Levi," I said.

When Cole heard that it was a guy, his whole body tensed up.

Anger boiled deep in his system, as hot as lava. It churned within, hungry for destruction.

"Levi," He said through clenched teeth.

He then stared off into the distance like he was trying to remember something.

"Do you know him?" I asked, curiously.

"No, I don't" He replied, and I nodded my head.

Since I felt the need to calm him down, I placed my hands gently on his chest and spoke.

"But I'm not sure-"

"Shhhh," I was cut off when he placed a finger on lips, "I will find out if it was him," He said through clenched teeth.

I wondered what Cole might do to Levi if he was the reason why Stacey was in the hospital.

But if anything, I knew from Stacey that I would know the full truth as to what made her lose consciousness that unfortunate night of hers.

"Thank you, Cole," I said, quietly.

"Anything for my baby girl," He then pointed my chin up with his finger and kissed me softly on my forehead.

He then smiled at me lovingly, wiping away my tears with his thumb.

For a while, we stayed in silence. It was nice being in the company of Cole since there was no one else I wanted but him.

He slowly trailed his fingers up and down my arm, kiss my forehead every so often.

Not wanting to things of things that stressed me out, I focused my mind on happier memories.

Suddenly, my phone vibrated and I checked it to see it was my mom, reminding me again about her charity event.

The thought of it made me roll my eyes since a major part of me didn't want to go.

"Who is it?" Cole asked.

"It's my mom wanting me to go to her charity event," I sighed.

"When is it?" He asked.

"It's tomorrow night and she told me last minute about it. Plus my sister will there," I rolled my eyes at the thought.

"Even though its last minute, at least you wouldn't be surprised on who to see," He responded, making a point, "anyway do you want to go?" He asked.

"I don't know...maybe because of the cause but no because of the people," I replied, "but if I do go, will you go with me?" I asked.

"Are you asking me on a date?" He smirked.

"Maybe, but can you still go being busy and all?" I asked, playing with the buttons on his shirt.

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst