Chapter 42: Bad Blood Part 2

Cole

"Hello boss," My men greeted me, and I nodded.

"Is Dr. Clark here yet?" I looked at Marco, and he nodded his head, with concern etched across his face when he saw how weak Naomi looked.

"Follow me," he said as he led me to where Dr. Clark was, and sure enough, he was in my home's clinic waiting patiently for my arrival.

Once he saw us, he looked between Marco and me after seeing the current state of my love, sighing heavily.

"I'll be outside waiting," Marco said, and I nodded, watching him leave the room.

"Place her on the bed, please," Dr. Clark spoke and started to hum a song unconsciously as he prepared and cleaned his tools to treat Naomi.

After I carefully placed my love on the bed, not wanting to hurt her more than I already have.

She was so small and brittle underneath my touch that it pained me to see her less lively than before.

Whoever did this to my love will surely live to regret it, I thought angrily as I kissed Naomi on her forehead and reassured her again that everything would be fine.

For a moment, I was lost in my thoughts until I heard Dr. Clark speak.

"I received both of your missed calls and texts about the severity of this situation. Sure enough, Mr. Morettie, you're one lucky man that I got here on time, considering today was a busy day for me," he said in a baritone voice, making the bed more comfortable for treatment and fixing the IV on Naomi's hand as she winced a bit in pain.

"Yeah, sorry, but this happened unexpectedly-"

"No worries, it is my job to be your doctor," He smiled tiredly and reverted his attention to Naomi, who was panting heavily as sweat beaded from her forehead, "this will hurt a bit, but no worries, I will administer first aid again to you so I could see how bad the wound is as well as clean it to avoid any or further infection if there is some," He spoke.

"Okay," She spoke softly as she tried to rest comfortably on the bed.

He then carefully cut away the ripped cloth around Naomi's stomach using surgery scissors.

Quickly, placing a clean cloth on the wound so it bled less, he inspected the gunshot wound on Naomi's stomach.

"How is it?" I asked, placing a chair near her bedside.

Even though I had some business to run today, staying at my love's side was the only thing I wanted to do for today.

Marco could run the business for the rest of the day since it was more light work to eliminate a few loose ends.

"Well, the gunshot wound luckily missed her vital organs, but she will need to get some surgery to repair the damage. However, with the proper treatment, she can recover in due time," He replied, and I nodded in understanding.

"Good...treat her right away. And make sure my love heals well and soon," I seriously warned him.

"Will do," He nodded his head.

"I'm not going anywhere, love, so I will be here with you," I kissed her cheek.

"Thank you," She looked at me timidly as tears pricked her eyes.

Instantly, seeing her in such a state of mind made me see blood at the dumb pricks who foolishly attacked a dangerous mob boss like me.

When I found out who would do such a thing, they would know why I was the most feared mob boss among the others and wish they were dead.

After some time, I heard a low knock on the door, which made Dr. Clark look up from treating Naomi but seeing the serious look I gave him to return to his job, he quickly returned to his work.

"I get it," I muttered under my breath as I watched Naomi's sleeping form since the doctor gave her some anesthesia before performing surgery on her.

I swiftly got up, annoyed that someone would come to disturb me, especially when I sent a group text earlier.

I informed my men that they should not contact me, but instead, Marco for the rest of the day if the matter pertains to any form of business.

Once I opened the door, I saw that it was Marco, and I sighed as I stepped out of the room so he and I could talk privately in the hallway.

"I thought I told you not to bother me at this time," I said, annoyed.

"Sorry, but this is urgent, and giving you this information is better done in person," He said earnestly.

"Then what is it?" I responded.

"After cleaning up the mess with the assassin, I was able to track down his calls with the help of our tech guy," He held up an evidence bag that was filled with a cracked phone and other items, "The assassin was a fool since his movements were traceable. Anyway, I found out who he's been working for," He said darkly.

Instantly, a wave of anger came over me. The hallway felt like it was closing in around me.

In my mind, I was growing larger and larger, expanding with rage.

If I did not do something fast to get myself under control, I'd explode and take out everyone and everything around me.

Whoever hired a hitman to take me out would pay ferociously, I thought. 

© 2023. All Rights Reserved 2023 Punkxst