Chapter 41: Bad Blood Part 1

Naomi was shot in the right side of her abdomen not chest

***

Cole

"Fuck!" I cursed under my breath. None of this would have happened if she just listened to me when I told her to stay in the car!

It pained my chest to see that my love had become hurt and weak when she was shot in the stomach by the assassin I had killed.

I was furious at the moment and saw blood. I wanted to find out quickly who tried to hurt my love, and I, thinking of the endless possibilities of who could have foolishly sent a dumb hit on my head.

Reverting my attention to Naomi, I slowly and carefully held her close as she struggled to stay awake.

"Stay awake, Bella," I whispered to her softly as she rested in my arms more deeply, not having the strength to talk, but sure enough, she nodded.

I was grateful that she was still alive, and I managed to lessen the bleeding from her wound. In one swift motion, I picked her up and quickly took her to my car, pressing down on the key to open the door.

Carefully, I placed my love down in the back of the car so that I could rest more comfortably while trying to rush back to my place where my private doctor would be.

Once I settled her inside securely, I spoke. "Are you okay?" I asked, worried about her condition as every second passed.

She slowly opened her eyes, placing her hand over her wound as she winced in pain, nodding her head even though I knew she was lying.

"Hold on tight, love. Will be home soon," I closed the door, quickly started the car, and drove off.

While driving away from the scene, I knew it would be best to inform my right-hand man, Marco, to clean up the mess so the cops would not trace the death of the assassin back to me. After sending the text, I also informed Dr. Clark to meet me at my place via text and even left him a voicemail, reiterating the severity of the situation.

Once done, I continued driving at high speeds on the highway as I checked on Naomi through the rearview mirror occasionally.

I hoped that she did not get an infection from the wound and could be stitched up easily by Dr. Clark, my personal doctor.

Dr. Clark has been my mafia's doctor for many years now and has undoubtedly treated us through many fucked up situations that if he were to visit one of us in a near close to dying state, then it would be the norm to him.

It was best for my crew and I to be treated for our wounds off the records since places like hospitals, clinics, etc., would keep records of our personal information for the police or our enemies to investigate, making us a deadly target on the enemy line.

While I drove, my phone rang from the dashboard, making me notice that it was a call from Marco.

I quickly picked up the call car since I connected my phone to my car earlier through Bluetooth.

"Hello," I sighed heavily.

"What the fuck happened?!" Marco asked angrily.

"Didn't you read the text? You know I hate to repeat myself, Marco," I said darkly.

"Yeah, I did, but what the fuck!"

"Yeah, some dumb fuck tried to shoot at my girl and me, but he's dead now. So, I need you to make that problem disappear, right?" I said dangerously in a low, gruff voice.

"Fine, but whoever did this will pay for it!" He replied threateningly.

"Of course," I chuckled darkly, ending the call.

***

After some time, I finally reached my place, parking in front of my house, and quickly rushed to take Naomi inside so she could rest.

I looked down at her to see if she was still okay, and very timidly, she looked around to see where she was. Before she could speak, I informed her that we were in my home and she would soon be treated by Dr. Clark, making her nod in response.

Instantly, we were greeted by two of my men and Marco, who were already there when I left the place to see Naomi.

They were already there since, previously, we were planning our next business moves that would make our product better than our current competition.

The meeting was going smoothly until I learned about the recent visit from one of my men that Naomi had visited the old Italian restaurant named Napoli, one of my enemies' establishments.

I was furious at the information, so I wanted to see Naomi to ensure she was quickly okay.

And since she would not be naively moving further into my enemies' territories, I thought it would be best that I told her that I was a mob boss.

Seeing the state that Naomi and I were in, they did not seem surprised, making me guess that Marco had already informed them about the hit situation.

© 2023. All Rights Reserved 2023 Punkxst