Chapter 10:Not Again

I had been in a good mood since after my date with Cole the other night.

He was a gentleman, sweet, nice, and my type which was definitely a plus. His grandmother also was so sweet and funny.

I'm sure if he did not cut her off after she mentioned his past dates being puttanas, she probably would have spilled all of the tea. 

Honestly, I would have not had mind knowing about his past "relationships", but some things are better not even knowing unless the guy himself told you about it.

Besides that, I, of course, needed to know more about him and could not just fall head over heels without fully knowing him. 

I still had my guard up about him, I would give our relationship the benefit of the doubt.

I mean it's only been a week or so since we had known each other, so I guess I was a hopeless romantic.

While I quickly applied some makeup, I checked myself out in the bathroom mirror. I placed my top inside my pencil skirt and placed on my suit jacket.

Once I realized I was good to go, I turned off the bathroom light and looked around my room to make sure I had everything I needed for work.

I already planned for today to be a good day, so the last thing I needed was to leave some paperwork behind.

As I was humming one of my favorite church songs, my cell phone rang. I looked at my phone to see that it was my mom.

I sighed since the last thing I needed was to have a conversation with my mom especially in the morning, which I knew would not be short.

"Good morning mom," I greeted her as I headed towards the kitchen to make some coffee.

"Morning baby girl, how have you been? I haven't heard from you in so long?" She chirped, while I heard some old gospel music playing in the background.

"But mom we talked the other day," I replied, trying not to sound annoyed since I knew the possibility of where this conversation was going.

She would probably say how we have not hung out in so long and probably need to let bygone be gone with my sister. Since I'm the older sister, life is too short to live and blah blah.

"Yeah you said you would call me back, but you never did..."

"Sorry about that," I replied, smiling at Tamera who was making some coffee.

"Do you want some?" She asked, quietly and I nodded my head at her.

"It's okay, but anyway I miss your company. Well, both of my daughters' company-"

"Mom-"

"Wait hold on...."

"Uh-huh," I placed my hands on my hips, trying to control my emotions since I was right about where this conversation was going.

"I'm not saying you and Natalie have to be super close again, but she told me countless times that she is sorry. And family is family..."

"Well mom, my best friends are more loyal to me than Natalie ever was so that the last part of family being family is not always true..." I rolled my eyes as I said with attitude.

"Now I know you are not catching an attitude with me, young lady-"

"No mom," I lied, horribly.

"Uh-huh...because all I'm saying is to forgive since life is too short to live. But even after forgiving Natalie, you don't necessarily have to forget because what she did was well not forgettable. So I understand that you need time to heal fully from the unfortunate situation, but forgive so you can move on more so for yourself ..."

"Well I don't know when I can forgive, but it definitely won't be now. Nor do I know when I will be able to? I don't want to think of any negativity this early in the morning. So instead, I plan to be productive with my time-"

"Oh so I'm wasting my own time-"

"No mom, I meant by keeping busy with work and making money. But anyway mom, I'll call you later since I'm actually off to work..." I said quickly, checking the time off my watch.

"Alright baby. Just remember you are strong and I love you....okay."

"I love you too mom and I'll...ugh.... talk to you later..." After we said our goodbyes, I ended the call and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Well so much for having a stress free day," I sighed, sitting at the island table. I looked at Tamera who placed the cup of coffee in front of me with some plate of food.

"Sorry, but definitely do not feel the rush to forgive either your ex or sister nor let that messy situation get to you..."

"Yeah you're right, but damn my mom did not have to emphasize on me forgiving whatever her name is for what she did. Even though my mom claims that I don't have to do it now-"

"Giiiiiirl" She shook her head as she folded her arms across her chest.

"I know right? And my mom almost ruined my mood today..." I drank some of my hazelnut coffee while meditating in my mind.

"Yeah, I get what you mean..." She said, eating some of her food.

"I mean I know it's been a month since it happened, but I don't want to think about it ever again. Although doing that is quite frankly impossible to do....especially now."

"Well, at least you know now what Natalie did in her free time instead of looking for a job..." Tamera replied as I gave her the side eye.

" Tamera replied as I gave her the side eye

"Don't even remind me of that part either." I said.

"Sorry I didn't mean it like that but..." She said, looking the other way as she ate. 

"Yes you did, but is better I knew then than later

"Yes you did, but is better I knew then than later. Marrying my ex would have been a huge mistake..." I shook my head at the thought.

"Thank god you didn't," She replied.

"Believe me I do. Besides not even your own family can be trusted," I took the last bite of food and gulped down more coffee, "anyway I'll see you talk to you later so I don't be late for work..."

"Alright enjoy your day..." She replied, smiling at me.

"You too," I returned the smile.

"Oh and when you get back definitely tell me about your date with Cole. And all details about it," She smirked, making me playfully roll my eyes.

"Yeah....yeah," I called out, closing the house door behind me and headed off to work.

© 2019. All Rights Reserved 2019 Punkxst