Chapter 22: Surprises, Surprises Part 1

[NOT EDITED]

"Can I help you with anything nana?" He asked when his nana stopped pinching his cheeks.

"I just wanted to see if you wanted me to cook your favorite meal, but since I see that your but since your girl is here, I figured I can get to know her more if you don't mind," She smiled and he smiled a bit.

"Sure, I don't mind you making my favorite meal and if you to get to know Naomi then you can. I'll just meet you guys when I'm done here," He nudged me a bit to his grandma and she smiled, excitedly.

"Perfect," She looked between us when clapped her hands together, "and dear follow me," She returned her attention back to me.

Before I went to follow her, Cole stopped me and turned back around to face me. He then leaned on to whisper in my ear.

"Since you made wrong decision to leave things on a bad note there will be consequences to face," He spoke softly, make a chill run up my spine.

He then gave me a peck on the lips and smiled charmingly while he cupped my cheek in his warm rough hand, having his thumb brush my cheek softly.

Before I ask the meaning behind his reply, his nana pulled me away by grabbing one of my hands and held it in her own.

"Okay you two love birds, the conversation can continue later." She said, but while she was talking a mile a minute to me, I turned back to see Cole placed his hands in his pocket and smirked like he was up to no good.

Oh, I knew I made the situation worse and this couldn't be good now, I thought worriedly.

While I was focused on trying to figure what Cole could have been smirking about, I didn't realize Nana had stopped in front of me to ask me a question.

"Hellooo dear, are you with me?" She asked as she waved her hands in front of my face.

"What?" I looked a bit around and snapped back my mind to reality. I came to realize that we were in the back part of the kitchen.

While I looked around, I saw the workers were fusing around trying to work in a timely manner.

However, one of the chefs stood out to me since he looked like a man who had given up on life.

His uniform that was supposed to be white was stained and his hair greasy.

His eyes had a strange sunken look and were threaded with scarlet so densely that they appeared pink.

His cheeks glowed under broken veins, his actions were slow, and clumsy.

"Who is that person?" I nodded my head over to that guy since he looked so out of place being here.

"Oh, his name is Vinnie. He's one of the older chefs that received a lot of complaints from the customers. And thank you for reminding me again since I need to once more remind Cole about him of his employment here. Honestly, I think he needs to be fired since he's not helping boost up the sales with his shitty made food for the past week," Nana shook her head, and pulled out her phone from her pocket to make a phone call, "actually let me call Cole now," She then started to speak in Italian.

I awkwardly looked away from her not wanting to be fixated on her conversation and returned my attention back on the chef.

Surprisingly, a few moments later, two men who wore tightly fitted black suits and shades headed towards Vinnie.

"What did I do this time?" Vinnie voiced cracked as he nervously asked the men.

"Shut up and follow us," One of the men said.

"Or you want us to break every bone in your body," One of the men threatened him in italian, making Vinnie to easily comply to them. He then was escorted out the kitchen and towards the direction of Cole's office.

"Now that's done with, do you want to help me make Cole his favorite meal which is some of special made Italian pasta?" She smiled at me as she lightly touched me on the arm. Instantly I became a bit nervous since I had no idea how to cook.

My cooking entailed warming microwave foods, foods that don't need to be cooked, or easily boxed foods that's already premade.

Otherwise if I'm lucky then I wouldn't have to cook anything at all since my mom gave me food that wood last me an entire week.

In my last relationship, my pathetic ex was a horrible cook. He also was a convenient store worker who struggled to make ends meet.

Despite him having the opportunity to do better when my dad offered him a job to work with him for his real estate company, he refused since he thought so self-absorbed and thought he was too good for the job.

"Ugh yes sure I would love too," I laughed nervously, "But honestly I can't cook even if my life were to depend on it," I made a light joke, making nana laugh a lot.

"Well to make it easy for you, you can just prepare the easy stuff and I'll do the rest of the cooking," She happily said.

"Thank you, but even though I can't cook I still want to help out as much as I can," I replied and she nodded her head as she handed me a cooking apron, leading us to a cooking station.

"Well let me see if the pasta is made already," She responded, and I nodded my head as she went to go check the refrigerator.

"I hope it is," I said silently when seconds later she closed the fridge, holding the pasta in a large silver bowl with a plastic wrap covering it.

"Well luckily dear, the pasta has already been made, so you just boil the pasta and help me cut up some ingredients. That way is faster for me to make the sauce and once is it ready you can give the meal to Cole. And if you want you can have a plate too," She smiled.

"Okay thank you," I breathed in relief. I was glad cause the only thing I had to do was the easy part since the last thing I wanted to do was mess up Cole's favorite meal.

Soon we started to cook the meal, well more so her doing all the work.

In the meant time I was getting to know a lot more about Nana.

We talked so much that I didn't know the passing of the time until already the meal was done.

"Try some to see of its okay," Nana said as she placed a bit of spaghetti on the fork so I can try some and I did.

"Wow this taste really good," I smiled, nodding my head and loving the food already.

The food had a mouth-watering taste and the best pasta I had so far.

Follow,vote, and comment to receive update very soon

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst