Chapter 19 part II

A/N: I meant to upload this earlier, but that obviously didn't work. So here's part II.

(Kody's POV)

"What the fu-" My exclamation was cut off by another loud growl as the other rogue ran towards my mom who was now holding out what seemed to be some sort of old fashioned knife. My mom kneeled down and swiped her leg towards the rogue, kicking his feet out from under him. He flew forward and my mom pounded her fist into his back, slamming him to the ground before bringing the dagger down towards him. He rolled onto his back at the last second, but my mom still managed to give him a gash on his upper arm.

He kicked his legs and arched his back into a kip up, landing swiftly on his feet before straightening up and grasping his wound which was now... sizzling? When he came back again my mom lunged at him with the knife once more, but the rogue managed to grab her wrist before she could touch him with it. There was a sickening crack as the rogue twisted my mom's arm and the knife dropped to the cold cement.

"Mom!" I yelled as she cried out. I ran forward and swiped up the knife, quickly thrusting it into the rogue's leg. There was the distinct sound of burning flesh as the dagger sliced in, then back out as I pulled it away. The rogue let out a wail of pain as he released my mother and he dropped to the ground.

I leaned down to help my mom up at the same time the rogues stood. Just as they began stalking towards us, headlights appeared from around the corner and tires squealed against the asphalt. The rogues looked at the car then to us before turning to run in the opposite direction just as a familiar blue jeep screeched to a stop next us.

"Kody!" Oliver yelled as he jumped out of the driver's seat. He ran up to us and pulled me into his tight embrace. "Are you okay!? I tried calling but you didn't answer and you weren't home. The rogues stole Ian's phone and fucked up everything with the guarding schedule, I'm so sorry!" He rambled on with apologies and curses at the rogues while I just stood there, trying to fathom what I just saw my mom do.

"What's this?" Oliver asked, noticing the dagger I still held in my hand. He reached out to grab it just as my mom looked over with wide eyes.

"Oliver, wait!" She called just as he grabbed the knife. There was a sizzle followed by a metallic clank as Oliver cried out in pain and dropped the knife, cradling his hand.

"Mother fucker!" He hissed. I gently grabbed his wrist and inspected his hand in the dim lighting, noticing a nasty burn mark welted into his palm in a strange design. I picked up the dagger and held it up, studying it in the pool of light emitted by a street lamp. There was a silvery design embetted into the wood hilt that matched the burn on Oliver's hand, only reversed.

"Mom... what is this?"

A/N: I'll get my laptop charger back tomorrow, so I can write more comfortably and hopefully upload chapter 20.

fan/comment/vote/LOVE MEH!