[14] Fashion designer stare

Start from the beginning

Bokuto rolled his eyes at the other. "Well now that that's done with, how about an actual intrroduction Oikawa."

"Oh! Right, my bad. I'm Oikawa Tooru, I'm a friend of Bokuto's from college. I lived in America for 3-ish years to become a fashion designer—hence the earlier question. But now I'm back and I want to start a new fashion line here!"

Akaashi nodded, "Right, your clothing lines are always featured on billboards and magazines. Congrats on the new line," he complimented.

"Thanks, though I still don't know what I want it be based on," he sighed. 

"Do you have any ideas?" Akaashi questioned. 

"All I know is that I want it to be a summer collection, so probably for next year. I also want it to be a men's line; on the masculine side."

Akaashi hummed thinking, "have you ever thought of doing something like traditional Japanese wear but with a modern twist on it? It's a simple concept but I've never seen anyone actually execute it well."

Oikawa sat up further in his chair, his eyebrows furrowing. His eyes were concentrated on a specific spot on the floor, deep in thought.

"That's...not a bad idea." He continued to contemplate for a moment before nodding in agreement with something inside his head. "Are you sure you don't want to work for me?"

"Stop trying to steal my secretary!" Bokuto protested. 

"Secretary? Please, I could give him a much better position if he worked for me," Oikawa gloated.

"I've tried to give him a higher position, he won't take it!"

"Calm down, he can still be your boyfriend, I just want him as an employee—or model if he chooses," Oikawa cheekily grinned. 

Boktuo fumbled getting words out, his face heating up at the simple word. He glanced over at Akaashi who was also momentarily stunned at the use of the word, before his face fell into a shy smiled. 

He decides to ignore Oikawa's words.

Bokuto didn't know why he was worried about Akaashi and Oikawa meeting

Bokuto didn't know why he was worried about Akaashi and Oikawa meeting. Despite the two being face-value different, they were quite similar to each other. They kept finding common intrests, normally in fashion or talking about America (which to Bokuto's suprise, Akaashi had studied abroad there for a year).

After Akaashi left, Oikawa decided to stay a little bit longer, wanting to catch up with Bokuto for a little longer. They chat for a little bit, reminiscing and conversing about anything. 

"Akaashi seems like a nice guy," Oikawa expresses.

Bokuto hums in agreement, absentmindedly playing with a loose string on his shirt.

"Though I didn't think you'd get so tripped up when I called him your boyfriend," Oikawa smirked.

The other groaned, "yeah thanks for that."

Oikawa laughed at the other's misfortune. "But seriously, why haven't you made things like, I don't know—made things official?"

Bokuto wondered about that question himself. He didn't know what was stopping him (that's a lie, he totally knew, he just didn't want to face reality yet).

"I don't know. Haven't found the time?" 

The string on his shirt becomes longer as he continues to tug on it. He'll probably have to throw the shirt out afterwards. 

Oikawa gives him a look; he knows Bokuto is lying. Bokuto sighs, knowing he's not going to let the topic go so easily. 

"I mean, you saw how my other relasionship turned out..." he trailed off.

Oikawa frowned. "If you're talking about who I think you are, then stop it. I've only just met Akaashi, but I can tell you right now with certainty he isn't a bad person. He doesn't act like her in anyway."

"I know, but I can't help but worry about it," Bokuto sighed.

He knew realistically Akaashi wasn't anything like her. But it kept him up at night, anxious thoughts filling his head. He's found himself wanting to ask out the other, but he could never bring himself to do it.

Bokuto learned early on that people will use you if you have influence or money. In highschool, he thought he found friends he could trust, only to later find out they used him to gain status.

The few people he dated also used him, mooching off of him to get materialistic items. It was enough to prevent him from dating anyone else. And he stayed true to that, staying far away from relasionships. That was until his 3rd year of college. He met a girl and he thought the world of her; she cared for him in a way no one else had.

He was certain they were going to be destined for each other and live the rest of their lives toegther. Then he found out she was cheating on him and exploiting him to get whatever she wanted. A two year long relasionship down the drain. 

Bokuto should've known. The signs were obvious that she didn't care for him. Kuroo and Oikawa had tried to warn him, but he was too in love to realize. After that, Bokuto couldn't find himself to trusting anyone.

But then Akaashi came around. He was intelligent and witty. He was gorgeous, compassionate, and so much more. He never asked for anything—on the contrary—he always scolded the older whenever Bokuto tried to treat him.

Reasonably, Bokuto knew Akaashi wasn't like her, not even close. It scared him though with how easy Bokuto found it to fall for the other.

"It's been what? 4 or 5 years? I know it's hard to trust people after that whole thing, but you can't live in suspicion of everyone," Oikawa sympathized. 

Bokuto nodded. He agreed with what Oikawa said, it was time for him to move past what happened. But he also knew it was going to take some time. It had only been a little under two months since they started see each other as being more than friends or colleagues. Good things take time. 

ahh sorry this took so long. i didnt like how this chalter was going, so they i decided to scrap 4 days of work and start over. but i guess the last sentence of this chapter is true (except this isnt even that good T-T). i'll try and get out another chapter soon!

~peachy