entry #16 | ѕє¢υяє

Start from the beginning

(Y/n) peered at the spot he was showing her. "I don't see anything. Maybe...it's a tumor."

His head snapped back and his eyes widened. He gripped her shoulders and began shaking her. "A brain tumor? No way! That's not true, right? At this rate, dad will really have to drive here to pick up my corpse!"

"That was a joke," the (h/c)-haired girl managed to say as she was being shaken back and forth. "Stop stop shaking me, you idiot!" She slapped his hands away. I'm so tired now.

Reese released her and his anxious face morphed into a pout. "I'm the idiot? Then you're the bully, (N/n)!"

I cannot understand Izzy, she sweatdropped. "You're the idiot for falling for it every time," (Y/n) rolled her eyes. "A tumor doesn't develop that easily."

"Wait, really? It doesn't?"

"Bro...how much cake did you eat today? Are you still physically capable of going to the game?"

"Of course I am!" He said proudly. "I could even participate if I wanted to."

"Please don't," her eyes widened. "You're going to get run over and snapped in half. It's too dangerous for you!"

"Aww, are you caring about me?" The redhead placed a hand on his chest dramatically. "You finally learned to appreciate the great Reese Grayson, (N/n)! Well, it was about time—"

His ego was almost bigger than her love of sleep. "If you don't snap out of it soon, we're going to miss our stop," (Y/n) deadpanned. "Is this our stop?"

Reese turned to look at the station name they had pulled into and his face blanched. "Oh, sh*t! We've actually missed it by one! Come on!" He pulled her to her feet and shouldered his duffel bag before sprinting through the closing doors. "We can catch the opposite train if we hurry!"

And now I have to run, the (h/c)-haired girl frowned. But if I don't, I'll be late. Which one is more annoying? Definitely the latter. It means more people will be there.

When the two arrived, the game was well into the first half. The score was 11 to 7, with the latter being Fortuna's team. Fortuna was dressed in yellow while the home team, Asemora, was clad in blue uniforms. The players ran across the grassy field, not one of them at a standstill. She could hear even from a distance the hollers and shouts of the teams calling to each other.

"Hey, you guys made it!" Came a shout. It was Jason, his shaggy green hair standing out starkly from the crowd. He was waving his arms. From the looks of it, he was alone. "I saved you guys a seat."

Reese sat down beside him and high-fived him. "Thanks, man. Are we winning or losing?" (Y/n) timidly took a seat beside the redhead, wincing at the crowd's roars when Asemora scored another try.

"Losing, unfortunately," Jason admitted with a wince. "Kels and Nicholas scored a total of four, but Asemora's really good. And they're our rival school on top of that, so the coach ain't gonna let this slide. I feel bad for them; Coach Johnson's a real spartan."

Reese and (Y/n) shared a surprised look. "You mean Elijah?" The redhead asked. "Elijah Johnson, the P.E. teacher?"

"Oh yeah, that guy. He's a chill dude until it comes to rugby. You have him?"

"Yup," (Y/n) confirmed. "I didn't know he coached rugby."

"I'm pretty sure he's been coaching for about three years now. The team's been doing a lot better too. Gotta give him a beer, he knows what he's doing."

Eli? She thought incredulously. The same Eli who can't use a computer and blows up his microwave every week? That same Eli?! She glanced at the redhead beside her. Reese caught her looking at him and made a confused face back.