Pt 2, Chapter Seventy-Seven - Hopeless

Start from the beginning

"Don't you fucking touch her" I growl watching him like a hawk, he looks to me before looking back to Harley, "What the fuck happened?" Harley questions, Wood sighs "She didn't feel safe here anymore, I told her I would protect her but she didn't believe it" He scoffs, "Can't fucking protect her" He mumbles as the bottle of vodka drops from his hand and smashes on the floor next to his feet, "So you just let her walk? Just like that? Knowing she has no one and nowhere to go, no money, no food, nothing, do you know if she even took anything?" He shakes his head, "She didn't take anything, the only thing she took was a necklace I brought her and the clothes on her back" His voice breaks slightly as he explains it, this is the most anyone's got out of him for the past 2 weeks.

Harley grabs onto his hand and drags him to his room, I follow behind and watch as Harley digs through the small pile of Poppy's belongings she left, I look around his room and it's completely trashed covered in empty bottles, cigarette ash and buts and dust, except for Poppy's things, they haven't been moved an inch and look like they have been placed there that day, amazingly they are the cleanest thing in this room. "I'm going to find her Wood" Harley says looking up from Poppy's belongings, he shakes his head "She doesn't want to be here, I gave her the choice and she left".

"Kitten can you go and make sure the boys are dealing with your little problem" Harley looks over to me, stands up and walks over in my direction "What are you going to do?" She whispers as I pull her in for a hug, "Figure out something" I sigh I kiss her quickly and send her out of the room and down the hall, once she's gone I close the door and focus on Wood, "Sit down" I say pointing to his bed he does as I say and I take a seat on a half-broken chair at the end of his bed.

"What made her think you couldn't protect her?" I ask leaning my elbows on my knees, he sits there in silence for a few minutes before speaking "She saw that you couldn't protect Harley, figured if the president cant protect his woman what use am I?" He laughs to himself. I bite down on my jaw when he says that, but it's the truth I can't protect her every second of the day that's just how our lives are. "Some people aren't made out for this type of life, living day in and day out not knowing if its your last day. Its impossible to protect everyone, obviously you have seen that first hand, but we try our hardest to protect the people we love, and if they love us enough they will understand that".

Wood sits quietly for a while before he responds, "What if she's right, what if I can't protect her?" He looks up to me and all I can see is the pain on his face, the same pain I had when Harley left for Mexico. "You have protected her so far, what's to say you couldn't do it for the rest of your life? What you both need to understand is that Harley, Elijah and I will always have targets on our head, we are the top of the food chain. Gunner, Shelby and the twins are next since he's my VP, they won't go for the other members unless you are outside the compound when you're not supposed to be, it will always be us before anyone else".

"Now I'm sure my queen will rip this town apart trying to find her, but if I had to guess she's long gone from town by now. So you need to make the choice, do you look or do you let her be? When you figure out your answer come looking for me" I nod my head in his direction and stand up walking towards the door, "Killer" Wood calls out from behind me, I turn around to look in his direction "Thank you" I nod again and make my way outside of his room closing the door behind me.

Harley comes storming down the hallway towards me, "Why does everything turn to fucking shit when I'm not here, how did any of you dickheads survive before I got here" She exclaims throwing her hands up in the air, I can't help the giant smirk that falls across my lips, there's my kitten. I pick her up and put her over my shoulder and begin to walk back towards the office "What are you doing Jax, I'm about to give him an ass-whooping" She says while trying to escape my grip, I walk into the office and lock the doors behind us before putting her down.

 "No, you're not. He will come to me with an answer soon, then you may or may not give him an ass-whooping" She squints her eyes at me "I swear to god, if Poppy can't be found, I'm going to kill everyone who let her walk out of this god damn fucking compound" She grits through her teeth, I raise my hands in the air and lean against the desk behind me "I didn't know I was at the hospital with you" She rolls her eyes at me and looks around the room for a second "Where the hell do you sleep?".

I look behind me to the office chair, "In that" I say nodding my head in its direction, her face deadpans while she stares at me "Hopeless, everyone in this clubhouse is fucking hopeless" She groans rubbing her hands over her face. I watch as she walks over to the cupboard and begins to dig through it until she pulls out a grey duffle bag, "What are you going to do with a bag, make a pillow?" I question like a smartass watching as she glares daggers in my direction.

"Well, I brought it after I moved into your room so YOU had somewhere to sleep if you were pissing ME off" She replies smiling to herself, I stay there confused until she rolls out a blow-up mattress that was stuffed into the bag, "You're telling me there's been a fucking mattress in this dumbass office the whole time and I've been sleeping in a fucking chair?!" I say a little too loudly which causes Elijah to stir and cry, which also causes the dogs to wake up.

"See, fucking hopeless" Harley says smirking at me as she walks over to Elijah's cot picking him up and putting him on her chest, his cries turn to sniffles straight away before he's absolutely calm. "How did you do that? He cries even more when I pick him up" Her smirk widens when I say it, "Ohh, you've been mean to daddy hmm? What a good boy, Mumma loves you soooo much" She coos as she bounces him from side to side, she turns her head to face me and winks "Don't worry puddin, I love you too".

NOW, I know I said the next story would most likely be Wood and Poppy's but now I don't know where to go. So, I need you to VOTE HERE for what story you want NEXT. If it was to be Wood and Poppy's story it would be set from where they are now but would have flashbacks/memories of when they first met to explain it better in detail, if it's not them their story will be posted AFTER! So, who do you want to see next?

Wood and Poppy

Or

Blaze and someone hehehe