thirty seven

37|boys

---

You were starting to hypervantilate, not literally, but you could feel your breath hitch at the bottom of your throat. You stomach churned, and the angst that overcame you became too visible for anyone to ignore. Infact, both Jun and Clara had stopped mid-conversation to look at you with worried eyes. They had been onto you all day so you weren't sure if there was anything that you could say to get yourself out of the highly awkward situation you were in, but you would still try.

The uneasiness settled when Jungkook walked straight to the bathroom. You were thinking that you were safe, even for a moment. You had no proof that Jimin was there in the first place. Jungkook could've been out with any one of the other boys, or even ones you didn't know, but something inside you told you that a certain silver-haired boy was indeed there, and linking it to the look Jungkook had in his eyes, the possibility of him being anywhere else was slowly decreasing by the second.

"I have to go to the bathroom" You spoke. You threw your towel onto the table, not once looking at the pair sitting next to you and stood abruptly, eager to find out and somehow get yourself out of it. On your way to the restroom you saw Jungkook walk out, glancing at your table only not to find you there.

The boy strode over to his friend who was sitting at the table alone, eyes glued onto his phone screen. He hadn't noticed Jungkook until he slammed his fist onto the table, eyes glowing with mischief, a very sharp and intense stare. Jimin let his phone down, seeing that Jungkook hadn't started to speak yet.

Then, he waited.

"Sooyun is here" The boy muttered. It was so fast Jimin didn't know if he had heard it right.

He raised his eyebrow. "Did you-".

"Yes I did say that Sooyun was here" Jungkook sat back into his chair, trying to calm himself down. Perhaps he had been a bit too passionate about the whole situation. "I saw her on the way to the bathroom".

Jimin didn't know how to react. It had been eight days since he had last seen you, and he was still confused, could still feel your lips against his, feel you hands in his hair, your taste, but you had told him to wait, and he was unsure what rules followed that. All he knew was that he didn't want to mess up this time. Not again. "Are you sure?" He asked, slightly taken aback.

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Jimin" He started, tone firm. "She looked straight at me. It couldn't have been anyone else".

All of the emotions resurfaced. Jimin was confounded, unable to function. Jungkook had been telling him this for a reason and deep down Jimin knew what it was but he struggled to grasp it. "What do you want me to do?".

The boy huffed. He couldn't handle seeing his friend like that any longer. It had taken a toll on him, and all the effects of it were slowly starting to surface. He looked almost drained, tired, and it had started to be visible in his presence too. With all that was going on, between the dance resital, work, Sooyun, he had to start putting things in order. Jungkook was the first one to realise where the problem stemmed from, and sadly, it was you. If Jimin could get you back, everything else would start fixing itself, and if he couldn't get you back, atleast he could get some closure. For now, it was just an open wound, and it only seemed to be getting worse.

Jimin hadn't outed a word to anyone about your previous insident. He didn't want to. It would be harder for him to cope if others knew about it and you never came back. They did say that things kept secret are more likely to happen. So he kept it to himself, like a dream, a very vivid dream. Reminiscing it, as much as what you had said to him grew hope in Jimin's heart, calmed him down because he knew he still stood a change, but it also made him more anxious, and perhaps it had started to itch.

"Talk to her" Jungkook said. It wasn't that easy.

"Is she alone?".

Jungkook glued his lips together. "No".

"Who's with her?". Jimin came forward, elbows pressed onto the table.

"Erm..a girl, a blonde, and some other guy". Some other guy. Could it be him? There was a large possibility, and Jimin didn't like that. He didn't like him. Something had been off about the guy. Jimin's intuition was screaming at him. "How am I supposed to go up to her? What am I suppossed to say?".

Jungkook laughed.Standing, he pressed a hand on Jimin's shoulder. "Oh, I'm coming with you" He announced. "Now, act casual" Jungkook walked ahead, striding towards your table with confidence and zero percent shame.

____

You had been in the bathroom for a few minutes now, looking at yourself in the mirror, just thinking. You didn't know what to do, but your hunch told you that something would happen, and you couldn't stay in hiding for much longer or you would start to raise suspicion. The guys were already glued to your hip, so you didn't have much space left to do so. You had to think fast, because really, there was no good way to get out of this.

You looked at yourself once again in the mirror over the sink. You were a bit messy, so with hasty movements, you brushed through your hair with your fingers and re-applied your lipstic. If Jimin was going to see you, you didn't want to look totally horrible.

You walked out, taking a deep breath.

Neither of them were to be seen.

____

When Jimin finally caught sight of you, it only made him more eager, and it was him...the guy.

He didn't know when he was standing infront of your table. "Sooyun, hi!" Jungkook spoke in his usual enthusiastic tone, tilting his head to the side. "How are you?".

The shock in your eyes was unmatched. You had been thrown completely off guard. You had been expecting them, but not like this, not so...close? Actually you didn't know what you were expecting. The entire scenario was unforeseen. "I- I'm okay, how are you?". You answered, but your gaze was pointed at someone else, switching between your friends and him, anywhere but Jungkook.

"Oh totally fine". He turned to your two peers, giving his hand out to them and greeting them with a friendly smile. "Hi, I'm Jungkook, nice to meet you". You were pissed off, because honestly, you couldn't find any excuse to be so. Jungkook was friendly and kind, and he was playing the game all too well. There was nothing you could say or do to change Clara's mind when she suggested the two boys would sit with you. You could only cope.

Jungkook slid two chairs to your table; one next to you and one between Jun and you. He took that seat.

What is he doing?.

It had started to become the least of you worries when Jimin came to sit next to you. His warmth was comforting, and he was tender, not doing anything to provoke you or startle you. You became even more confused.

"So" Jimin spoke. He came close to you. "How is the project coming together?".

You couldn't believe he was actually going for small talk. "It's going great actually-" You stopped mid-sentence, hearing Jungkook converse into a slightly alarming conversation with Jun, who looked startled. "So, Jun, are you two dating?" Jungkook asked casually.

Jun laughed it off. "No, I'm actually single".

Oh hell no.

You had to stop this.

"Guys, I'm sorry" You spoke abruptly, impromptu and completely impuslively, but you had to do something to get yourself out of this situation. You checked the receipt, taking some money out of your wallet and placing it into the small booklet. "Food's on me".

You stood, signalling for Jimin to follow you and shot Jungkook your infamous death stare, grabbing him by the arm and basically pulling him out of the restaurant. "Have a great time" He spoke before choosing to come outside with you, an impish grin on his face you were having very vivid thoughts of smacking off.

_____

I hope you enjoyed guys! I know these seem like filler chapters and I'm really sorry if they are boring I'm just trying to focus more on their emotions in these chapters, especially since we are slowly coming to an end. Just a few more to go.

Love, N.