seven

07|phone call

_____

Jimin entered the clothing store with Taehyung by his side, cell phone in hand as he waited for Hoseok to call.
Apparently Tae wanted to buy this Gucci shirt he had been saving up for for the last couple of months. That's why even though he worked his butt off, he almost never had any money left. How responsible. But he had to respect his ritzy style, it was essential to him. I mean, it was crazy expensive, but who was he to tell him otherwise.

Nobody; he was just Park Jimin.

His phone rang loudly and he felt a sudden jolt on his skin. He walked out, swipping left on the screen and placing the apparatus on his ear.

“JIMIN” He heard someone shout on the line. He flinched, hand over his ear and phone far away.

Did he really have to do that?

“Ouch” He muttered, a sour undertone in his voice.

“Oops sorry” Hoseok giggled cutely. Jimin could imagine the stupid smile on his glowing face. “I might have gotten a little too excited”.

He was about to respond, but stopped himself, catching onto something.

“Excited?” He asked, curious. It was etching him to know what he wanted to tell him, he had been waiting for this call all day.

Hoseok said he would love it.

And him.

“It's good news” Jimin's heart beat faster at the sound of his words, not really sure what go expect. For all he knew, it could be winning a ticket to free candy. Not that he would mind.

“About what?” He urged him to move on, not able to handle the wait any longer.

Hoseok caught up on his plan, he was trying to force the words out of him. He was excited, but maybe he could have a little fun with it.

“Wait, my mom is calling me” He held in his laughter “Gotta go”.

“Hoseok you hoe don't you-” beep.

Jimin knew that Hoseok was messing with him, and if he could, he would run right at him and beat the information out of him.

Asshole. Jimin thought, taking a step inside the store and looking up.

He smiled at the sight. The two of you were just being your clumsy selves, well Tae was. You two seemed to be getting along great too, it was nice to watch, but something annoyed him about the situation.

His special friend that he didn't know met his best friend first, how odd.

There was a loud sound, his ringtone on full sound.

It was Hoseok again.

“I am going to murder you” Jimin said, standing infront of the glass door. His tone was threatening, the annoyance clearly heard in his pitchy voice.

“Okay okay sorry” Hoseok laughed mischievously. He obviously wasn't the least bit sorry.

He was delaying this way too much.

“Oh my god just tell me” He shouted, at his breaking point.

There was a moment of silence.

“Remember the competition I told you about?” Hoseok asked, Jimin mumbled in response.  “I got accepted”.

That was a big step for him, he was so happy that he could finally move his dream off of the streets and to the stage, all eyes on him. He had worked hard for this.

“Wow, I-”

“Wait I am not done” He interrupted him “You did too”.

Jimin raised his eyebrow in confusion, not exactly getting his point.

How could he get accepted for something he didn't apply for?

“How? What?” He asked, his thoughts all over the place. He wasn't sure how to react to that.

“I kinda showed them a video of you dancing because I know how much you deserve this and how much you want this but you don’t have the guts to admit how great you are so I kinda did it for you?”. He elaborated, trying to get out of the situation he had gotten himself into.

Jimin's mind went blank.

Hoseok was such a good friend. He actually did that? For him?

“Hoseok...” Jimin paused “I love you man”.

He could picture Hoseok smiling on the other end of the line, he had a soft spot for 'I love you's'.

“But...” Hoseok slurred, and Jimin didn't like that. But's were never a good thing.

“But?” He asked.

“It's kinda in Japan”

Japan? Japan.

Jimin loved it there, it was one of his favourite places in the world, and the fact that he would be there with one of his best friends, doing what he loves and taking it a step further, made everything a hundred times better.

“You mean I, Park Jimin, am going to perform in Japan?” He was still unsure of everything, it all felt like a dream. He was scared that he would soon wake up to his normal life, no phonecall, no surprises.

This could mean everything.

“That's exactly what I am saying” Jimin took in all the new information, taking a deep breath and calming himself down.

This was his chance.

He shoved the phone into his pocket, smiling at the sight of the two of you once again.

Your eyes met, both noticing eachother closely for the first time. You both knew you were staring, and you didn't care.

Japan it is.

_____

I'm sorry this wasn't good, really.