thirty eight

38|maple syrup

________

"Are you stupid?" You shouted once you were a few metres away from the store and no one could see you. You were angry. No, not just angry, furious. Their behaviour had ticked you off to the point where your mind had been heavily clouded by unpleasant thoughts. If you weren't in public you may not have hesitated to kick their asses, but you'd let them go this once. "Jungkook, what the fuck was that?".

You stared at him sharply. He was struggling to remain serious, the laughter threatening to escape his lips. Although it was clear he had been taken aback by your response even in the slightest, he was being classic Jeon Jungkook; joking around. "Hey, we're just having fun".

"Fun?" You  asked, shoving him in the chest, moving closer to him than needed. "Jungkook, these people are my only friends other than you guys, who by the way haven't spoken to me in weeks. You dare to embarass me that way?".

He glanced at Jimin, and you realized it had been because of him. You hadn't been talking, so maybe they deemed it inappropriate to hang out with you when Jimin couldn't. They were being good friends, one thing you didn't know how to be.

You moved away, eyes sad and stance hesitant. Exhaling deeply, the rage slowly dwindled as time ticked away.

"Never ever do that again". Your tone was strickt, eyes moving between the pair.

"We're sor-" Jungkook started but you interrupted him.

"Save it. I don't want to hear words I want to see actions".

You looked at your feet, arms crossed over your chest. What you'd said had dawned over you harder than the thought of  it ever had. These guys were indeed your only friends, even Jimin was, and you, by trying so hard to get Jun and Clara to like you had veiled a part of yourself. You never had to do that with these guys. Even from the start you'd been nothing but yourself. You should have cherished that more than you did. If anything you missed them, but that didn't make you any less angry than you were. 

"By the way, who apologizes in pairs?". You laughed it off. You'd said what you'd meant to, for now. 

The two looked at eachother, Jungkook standing still with his eyes wide. "We do" He pointed between them. 

You started walking away. "Anyone normal?".

"Probably not" Jungkook laughed, running ahead of you with an expression of happiness. Exactly, no one normal. You laughed lowly, facepalming at his sudden change in behaviour, actually jealous of the ammount of energy he had. You felt like a zombie. "By the way I'm not weird, I'm special" He shouted from the other end of the street while skipping on the pavement. 

"Shut up Jungkook". You skipped behind him, but not before naturally intertwining your fingers with Jimin's. You didn't let go even when you realized. It felt right. This time you'd let yourself feel that way and would slowly come to believe that everything happened for a reason. You seemed to have no control over your heart's desires. You pushed them away but they always resurfaced because there was no denying that you, Han Sooyun, were hopelessly in love with Park Jimin, as much of an asshole as he'd been.