thirty six

36|semblance

________

Your shift had finally come to an end. It had been a stressful day, putting finishing touches in the store, customers flooding in on a Saturday morning while you were running around trying to put your thoughts in line. All of the pressure was on you. Taking on this project you knew it wouldn't be easy, but it seemed to have taken over your life. So time consuming, so detailed, the weight did seem to be too heavy for your shoulders, but it was coming to an end. Changho would arrive on Monday and everything would go back to normal. You missed normal.

So when you stepped outside, fatigued and hungry, catching up had been the last thing on your mind. Atleast with Clara joining you for dinner, you didn't have to keep Jun busy. She was handling the situation just fine. 

Your stomach growled loudly, and you struggled to keep your laughter in. Your mind went back to that one time you, Jimin, Jungkook and Hoseok had met up for pizza at Jimin's apartment. You had been laughing your heads off for minutes after Jimin's stomach had growled so loudly, you weren't sure if an alien haad been trying to communicate with you. Reminiscing it, it had been really stupid for a bunch of twenty something year olds to be laughing at, but it still managed to bring a smile on your face. More of a nostalgic smile. Honestly, you'd missed the guys so so much. All of them had been so fun and optimistic, maybe except for Yoongi who seemed to be keeping a close eye on you, but he had only been worried for his friend, and the two of you got along well. So had you and Jungkook. Maybe it had been the fact that the two of you were the same age, but the two of you shared a couple braincells.

"Sooyun" Clara broke you out of your thoughts, and you stopped mid-step. You swallowed hardly.

 "Yeah?". You turned around, and the girl, a couple steps back, signified the store opposite her. 

The restaurant. You had walked right past it, too engrossed in your head to notice. "Ah, right" You tried to cover your embarassment, though Clara had grasped it before you could do so. You could tell by the look on her face, opposed to Jun's which was one of pure puzzlement. You could picture him raising his eyebrow.

You walked in behind them, remembering how hungry you were the moment the strong smell of meat and hot pepper reached you. The smell was delicious. 

The atmosphere was cozy. A small space with wooden floors and walls, tables matching the wash of the deck, yellow lights and cushioned couches pressed against the wall, making the place seem very warm and inviting. It felt like an urban jungle. The trees and plants that were collected at each corner contrasted to the dark colours so beautifully it offered a certain uniqueness.

"Where would you like to sit?" Jun asked you. You had spotted your table the moment you had walked in. It was at the far left corner, away from the service spot and close to the window. You loved looking outside. People doing their thing, scenes changing so fast it never felt boring. You pointed to it. The pair nodded. Without hesitation, you strolled towards it, sitting closest to the window so you could look outside. Jun took the seat next to you. 

The entire span from when you sat up until the waitor had come to take your order you had all been awfully quiet. Eerily quiet. Either way, you enjoyed it for as long as it had lasted. You hadn't really been in the mood for socialising, or thinking really. Your head was blank. Still, a nostalgic sentiment overtook you. 

"Sooyun, what's wrong?" You heard Clara speak, and when you lifted you gaze saw she had trepidatious look in her eyes.  

Sharing your feelings with someone you didn't know all too well was strange to you, so you ignored her question at first, but the silence that prevailed was so chilly you wanted to break it as soon as you could form a sentence. They generally cared. If it had only been Clara, maybe you wouldn't have been so hesitant, but knowing Jun was sitting there, you may have toyed with the truth a bit more. No, you simply hadn't shared the details. "I'm just starving" You brushed it off with a short laugh. "and really tired if I'm being totally honest". You weren't.

A short pause. 

Clara huffed. "Me too" She started. "It's been a really tiring process, and I haven't even been working with you that long. I can't imagine how tired you must be. That being said it's going well. You're really talented Sooyun". You'd never felt such a sense of understanding before. A smile appeared on your lips, cheeks turning crimson, flustered from the compliment you had received. "Thankyou".

"I can't wait to see the finished product" Jun said. At that same moment the waitor had arrived, serving you the assortment of dumplings you had ordered. It was a bit embarassing because you dove into them as soon as he had put them on the table, stuffing your mouth with food to fill up your hollow stomach. 

They didn't seem to care too much though, which was a relief. 

"She takes amazing pictures too you know" Jun said to Clara, and the comment had gotten your attention. "I saw her work in the cafe the other day and it's really good. She has actual talent, and she captures the world around her in such a unique way you can tell what she finds beautiful. She makes everyone else reconsider the beauty the world does have".

Clara turned to you with wide eyes. "You never told me that" A tone of betrayal was evident in her voice. 

You shook your head, starting to defend yourself but from the corner of your eye you saw an awfully familiar figure. You were sure you eyes had been deceiving you, but when you focused for a little longer, and the boy had stopped dead in his tracks, he couldn't have been anyone else, and he had seen you too. 

Jungkook had seen you.

--------

Oh god. This isn't anything much but I wanted to updated so I hope you enjoyed. Another one will be coming this week.