five

05|Action books

_____

You were at work, your eyes scanning the room for any fellow bookworms. The store had been a bit dead lately, not many people seemed to want to buy books anymore, which was sad.
Now that cellphones existed, it had started to become a dying art.

The bell on the door rung, indicating that someone had entered it. You stood up, ready to be at his service.

The man had dark blue hair and skin as white as milk, brown mysterious eyes as he spoke to you.

"I am looking for a good book, action if possible" He said, his raspy voice melodic in your ears.

You weren't one to judge, but he didn't look like the kind of guy who spent his time reading. He gave off a very edgy vibe, a strong, manly figure.

A wide smile spread on your face, you immediately got to work, guiding him to the isle that was marked 'action'.

You were excited, besides the cheesy romances that you spent your time gushing over, action was one of your favourites. You had alot of things to show him.

You piled them up in your hands, taking them to the counter infront so he could see them.

He looked at them carefully, taking his time to read the descreption and flick through the pages.

"All of these look really good..." he muttered "Have they gotten good ratings or something?".

You shook your head.

"Nope, I have just read most of the books from that pile, those are some of the best" You answered casually.

His gaze fixed on you, eyes shining in confusion.

You already knew what he was thinking. How you had managed to read all of those and still know which were good.

When you said you loved reading, you weren't kidding.

Reading took you to another place. It allowed you to be whoever you wanted to be. You could be wherever you wished, travel the world through simply written words. Be rich, be famous, be smart. It made you feel alive. Nobody could ever take that away from you, because it would forever be written on a crisp white page that was stained with ink, tears and emotions. That was forever.

He came to the front, leaving two of the books as he lended them from the store. It was that kind of place, there was only a small amount that were for sale, since many of these were one of a kind.

"How long?" You asked him, your finger lingering over the buttons.

"A week" he replied, pulling out the cash from his pocket and giving you his famous gummy smile.

"That would be 3.000 won" you said, taking the money from his hands.

You watched him as he exited the store, meeting with a boy that was standing outside, talking on the phone.

You knew who that boy was, he couldn't have been anyone else. Not many guys walked around with a head of bright pink hair.

Jimin hung up the call, looking at Yoongi who was searching around his clothes as if he had lost something.

He furrowed his eyebrows.

"What happened?" Yoongi looked up at him, concerned.

"I can't find my wallet" Really? The amount of times this had happened to them was ridiculous. They couldn't go anywhere without someone losing something. Next time he would just chain their belongings to their clothes.

Jimin sighed loudly, an idea popping into his mind.

"Did you leave it inside?" Jimin asked, pointing to the store.

Yoongi looked up, feeling extremely stupid.

"Oh yeah probably, I payed her for the books" he paused "Could you go get that for me?"

Jimin didn't even respond, he just walked in there and made his way to the desk. A girl was sitting there, reading.

He cleared his throat.

You turned your head up to look at him, shocked to see him this close to you. He recodnised you too, it was all starting to seem weird to him.

Everyday, he would see you somewhere.

What were the odds of that happening to two complete strangers?

He scratched the back of his neck, not sure how to start talking. The air around you was awkward, he didn't want to get to carried away. If he sat there and stared for hours, you would think he was a creep.

"Uhm.." he slurred "My friend left his wallet here before, the guy with the blue hair?" Jimin asked you, that was definetely an interesting way to ask a question.

Bravo Jimin. He thought, mentally face palming himself.

You looked around for a while, checking to see if you could find the missing object.

You looked at the floor, a gray leather wallet had fallen onto it.

"Is this it?" You held it up into the air, the boy smiled widely at you.

"Yes, thankyou" he released it from your grip, putting it into his pocket.

He bowed, well kind of, spinning onto his heel and leaving the store.

Jimin knew that you felt the same way about your weird encounters. Everyone would.

Even though he had seen you everywhere, that was the first time you had actually spoken to eachother. You seemed nice, that was a plus.

He reached Yoongi, giving him his wallet.

"Next time, just be more careful" Yoongi stared at him, unamused.

He wasn't a fan of the sassines.

_____

They finally spoke to eachother. Whoo!

I will try my best to make this less boring, ah, I'm sorry I am not good at this.