twenty two

22|ferris wheel

______

You just stood there, looking at the large lit sign infront of you.

Your eyes opened widely in surprise. You always wanted to come here, but you just couldn't afford it. It seemed as if your dream was finally becoming reality.

"Jimin I-" You turned around, looking at him straight in the eyes, feeling the tears collecting at the rim.

You remembered the time when you would go on trips with the orphanage every month as a kid and you would pass by this very park, craving to go inside. The colours, the noises and the laughter, the children running around, the tall rides showing from above, they all seemed fascinating to a kid, especially to one that had experienced the bare minimum.

"How did you know?" Jimin giggled lightly at your reaction.

Your eyes were sweet, your lips curled up into a sad smile. Jimin had never seen you this excited before, but there was something about your eyes; they were mesmerising, glowing, they had this sensirity in them. Jimin had never seen anything like them before.

You ran to him, hugging him tightly. Jimin laughed, embracing your for a moment. It felt nice, standing there, with all the time in the world while you stayed wrapped in eachothers arms.

Time seemed to have stopped, the wind being the last audible sound around you.

"Shall we go inside then?" Jimin asked, pulling back just a little. Enough that he could talk to you and look at you in the eyes.

You nodded, instantly parting from the warmth of his body. After that, you had contained yourself again and the feeling of falling apart was replaced by a sudden rush. You grabbed his wrist, pulling him into the park immediately.

“Where are you going Sooyun?” Jimin asked, still following behind you despite the fact that he could escape at any time.

You ran and ran, just letting your legs guide you wherever they desired. “I don't know”.

Jimin laughed. You were shouting as if you didn't care, and all the people around you had turned to stare.

You came to a halt infront of a massive rollercoaster with repeating curves and spins, and as you went on it, you felt like hurling.

“Are you okay?” Jimin came closer to you so you could hear eachother better through the loud screams on the rollercoaster. He placed his palm on your shoulder comfortingly.

“Y-uh” You gagged, leaning down over the edge. “Yeah”. You continued as you came back up, touching your stomach but still feeling sick.

“Let's get you out of here then and let's go do something that doesn't involve us going upside down” He laughed under his breath as he helped you out of the ride when it finally came to a halt.