~ Final Author's Note ~

By the time I am writing this, I have just published the final Chapters of Day Dreams, and have gently brought the story to a decent end. I suck at ending tories, especially when I know people enjoy them. Though sometimes good things must come to an end, and I know that if I were to try and push the entire series on in some sick and confusing sort of way (to the point I would be beating a dead horse, and that the book would no longer be even real Hollow Knight) I would only be trying to keep alive something that should have ended.

To clear up, this is the end of the main story. Hallownest is now forever fine and there is no need to go on. Though that doesn't mean I am letting my writing end completely here. If any of you remember from my mild rants on my Twitch Streams in February or so or my Author notes back in Nightmares, I have planned other books that help develop the world I have (accidentally) created. Where I followed most of the lore of Hollow Knight, yet added my own for plot and flair to things.

Right now, I have started working on a layout for Heartless (Pure Vessel x Reader) where it follows the story a little bit before the infection happened. I also have another story in the works called Memories (Qurriel x Reader) which will follow and take place during the same time Nightmares does. Overall, all the books will be taking place in the same line as Nightmares and they will actually have small effects on one another. Just to keep things fun!

Though one thing I want to start up so that I can take a long and much-needed break is a One-Shot book! I will take requests and even write One-Shots that I have had ideas for a long time, some even giving backstory to the storylines to my Nightmares universe that has somehow sprouted into something bigger then I could ever imagine. I will get this up as soon as I can because I will explain my rules and request method since it will be on Quotev and Wattpad, so crossing requests will probably happen. Though I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

Lastly, I want to thank all of you guys for getting me through this. Something that started as a dare with some of my close friends, sprouted into a project I loved so much and started back in January. It also allowed me to rekindle my passion and love for writing... I cannot thank you all enough. Each and every single one of you. Your kind words, funny comments, and telling me I made you cry. They all make me feel like I must be doing something right, so I kept going. I hope to see you all in my later books, even though they won't be Grimm x Readers (for now).

And with that, I leave you with this...

YES, YIREL IS DEAD!REJOICE, FUCKERS!

I LOVE YOU! CIAO!

-S_I_R

OVERALL WORD COUNT: 62,454