~ Chapter 15: Truth and Bound ~

It didn't take much more time to row across the lake to the other side. Grimm and you sitting in the sand that was there, how small each fragment of it was and so soft on your legs and hands. You had never seen it before, and by the looks of Grimm taking some and letting it pass through his fingers like water, it was new to him as well. It really did come to you as something strange and new. The beautifully colored shells you found under the sand that you began to collect, feeling the water brush over your feet as you stood right on the edge of the shoreline only a few inches in the water, and the sounds of nothing but gently moving water.

As of now, you and Grimm sat side by side a bit farther back on the shore. Watching the calm water as you rested your head on his shoulder and his arm was wrapped around your waist. This was the happy ending you wanted for so long... Though you earned it at the cost of your honor. It was a bittersweet truth, though it never left you. Grimm looked down at you and must have sensed a troubled look in your eyes as he slightly shifted before asking you,

"What's wrong?" His voice was gentle as usual, but it was funny how three words made you see him as even more than you already did. You decided to tell him your honest thoughts would probably be the best idea, he was the only one who understood your pride and approval by your family.

"It just came to my mind about my parents... One of the last things Yirel shouted at me was how I was a failure to them by doing this. I'm following my dreams, I'm so happy where I am right now..." You trailed off and lifted your gaze to meet Grimm's eyes which expressed focus and comfort on you. "Am I a failure to them for caring about my own well being?" you finished and Grimm gently caressed the side of your face as he seemed to take in every aspect of it before replying,

"You're no failure. You're probably the strongest in your entire family to do as you did. I understand how you may think that way about yourself, but know that to me you are far from a failure. You're the greatest success this world has been granted." He gave a warm smile and you couldn't help but laugh lightly. You knew Grimm would be there for you no matter what and now that you had him you knew you would be safe for as long as you were by his side. As your nerves began to relax and Grimm placed a gentle kiss on your forehead you let what he said sink in.

"What do you mean by your understanding, are you saying your family was the same as mine?" You became slightly confused as you knew only good about his family. Mostly his mother, but the little you heard of his father was nothing but good. Grimm lifted his head back up and let out a soft subtle sigh.

"Not so much my family acting that way, but the honor I bring. We're more than we let others believe. We are not just magic and musical acts, we have tricks up our sleeves. It runs so much deeper than we let many see." He looked down at you with a glance and thought about what he should say next. You didn't want to order him to tell you, but you knew if you trusted one another he would be honest. That was when Grimm situated himself a bit more comfortably and cleared his throat. "I am the son of many Grimm's before myself, in a line of power and purpose. An old saying goes: 'Through dream I travel, at lantern's call. To consume the flames of a kingdom's fall.' which describes what I am born to do and then to pass on. We were called to Hallownest, my troupe and I, and I don't know how there was no torch to call us. Yet we came and thus Hallownest is assumed to collapse like foretold long ago.

"Nothing can be done, our only purpose is to please the Nightmares Heart and keep my fathers' legacies alive. You have heard of the Goddess Radiance, correct Y/n?" He asked you and you nodded slowly.