~ Chapter 11: Void Given Life ~

You spent a bit of time observing the halls of the tent as you made your way outside. The town here was small and less populated than the City of Tears ever was, but that was to be expected due to the city being the central place in all of Hallownest. This town was quiet and very few people moved about as if they were in a rush instead, they walked from place to place with calm chatting here or there. Though one thing came across as confusing as you began to notice it.

          Bugs of a similar look ran around and played with one another as children would. They all wore the same monocolored gray cloaks with pure white shells as their heads and different shaped horns that were positioned on top of their heads. Their eyes were wide empty chasms with little signs of expression. Overall, there had to be about fifteen to twenty of them all playing collectively in a silent game of tag, as none spoke or even made a noise. The only noise they produced was the sound of their tiny black feet shuffling about, kicking the pebbles on the ground as they ran. They only reached your waist in height, and it was as if they were all children. Your eyes traced the open area they played in as you saw a girl sitting by a building reading aloud to another one of those tiny bugs. You decided that maybe you could approach her since your curiosity was peaked about all these tiny children.

          As you approached the girl she looked up from her reading which caused the small bug next to her to also look up at you, it was a moth. The girl had large dark red eyes that shined ever so slightly and a pink fluffy body. Her neck was covered by yellow fluff that donned her wrists, feet and the hem of her cloak which was a lighter pink than her body. Her yellow feathered antenna then perked up as she gave you a sweet smile and shut the book.

          “Why, hello there traveler! What brings you to the Crossroads?” She asked in a very light and sweet voice as if you took something sweet and dipped it in sugar. She was a bubbly personality you could tell already and her voice was just the cherry on the top of the cake. You gave her a kind smile as you shifted your weight from one leg to the other.

          “I came with the Grimm Troupe to perform in this town, I was just simply looking around and noticed all these little guys running around.” You explained, the moth girl glanced around you and saw the red tents all the way at the other end of her town and she looked a bit uneasy at the sight of it. Though she brushed it away easily and smiled at you when she heard you ask about the small bugs.

          “Ah, you don’t know about vessels? Then you must not be from around here naturally.”

          “No, I originally came from another land. Though I’ve heard about the history of vessels and Hallownest.” You explained as she stood up and tucked the book under her arm, the creature beside her merely followed. They had a bandage wrapped around their head right under their horns and from the small cracks by their eyes you assumed they had been damaged at some point.

          “To start off on the right foot, I am Rosella. Call me Rosie though. This here is Tilla, she is one of the many vessels I care for and look after. Vessels are creations made by the Pale King long ago to hopefully have one that would hold the infection caused by the Goddess Radiance. Only one was used, the Hollow Knight, and once chosen they locked the rest away assuming they would not see the light of day. That didn’t really work since many did find their way out of the Abyss like The Kight known as Ghost who truly saved us all. To this day, vessels still roam Hallownest that had escaped the Abyss and survived the harshest times and I take care of those who find their way to me and need help. I ensure they have a place to stay, to recover before leaving to travel to other lands or a permanent home for those who don’t wish to travel. Tilla here is one of the first vessels I have come to care for after the Goddess Radiance fell and my people began to die out.” She explained as she began leading you to the vessels that were playing tag. You looked at her and tilted your head a bit to the side as you asked,