~ Chapter 14: Across the Lake ~

You found it hard to sleep the next night from your excitement for the next day but when you did yet again did the sound of frantic voices fill your head. This time, they were louder. Frantic almost.

"No... Stop... Late... Trapped..."

"Stop it. Patience is key right now." It was her. You turned around in time to see her, the young woman looked at you with a bit of fear as she didn't expect to get caught this time.

"Who are you?" You asked, your voice feeling as if it was miles away from your body, though as you asked her that question she shook her head.

"You know who I am, Y/n... I cannot remind you. Not now."

"What are those voices? What do you want from me? Why do you keep reappearing?" You kept asking questions and the woman could only let out a gentle sigh.

"I can't answer them yet. When the time comes, it will." She gave you a sweet smile and it caught you as familiar. One full of age and wisdom with just a hint of sass. As a voice became louder the woman looked up and then behind her. The lace on her white gown gave her even a flare. The red color... It matched that of the lace from the dress you wore last night during the performance. The sweet reddish-purple that matched Grimm's body, if this was a coincidence then it was hard to believe. Though before you could ask her about it, she looked back at you with a sad look in her eyes. "I'm sorry Y/n, I need to part with you tonight. Until we meet again. Also, congratulations on your performance last night. I am truly proud." She bowed before it all began to fade. You tried to reach out for her, but when you were just about to grab her you woke up in bed.

You had woken up on your side with your arm outstretched like you were trying to grab her in real life but to no avail. The woman held so many secrets and you needed to find them all out. It would take time, but she had a connection to this world clearly and it was clear she held a connection to the troupe and possibly Grimm. You didn't have much more time to think about it as you sat up. Today was another day but tonight would hold so much more to it and that was what allowed you to get up and start to get moving. You couldn't wait for it despite it being hours away. Whatever happened tonight, you had hope.

With that thought in your head, you exited your room and started your day.

****

You spent most of the day traveling the crossroads and taking in the little things you found. Some geo dropped here or there, some interesting foliage that caught your eye or statues that must have held history in their making. Especially ones that stood near falling apart of the Pale King who ruled long ago. It made you wonder how life was during that era, as Rosella's words of her people turning away from their goddess to worship the Pale King came to your mind. Was he cruel? Ruthless? Brash? Cold-hearted? From looking at the vessels he made his spawns and own blood who were treated poorly. You knew for certain that this king must have been one of bad manners especially after facing Radiance's wrath.

As the day got later and the light began to fade, you went back to the tent to clean up from adventuring all day. It was relaxing and uplifting to be able to do as you pleased with your day and for the first time in your life no one breathed down the back of your neck as you did so. You grabbed a clean dress that Divine had loaned to you, one that was a darker color than the mute pink you were once forced to wear on a day to day basis. It was a dull grey, but its simple style was still a change for you. With your outfit picked out and donned on, you left the tent and made your way to the direction of the Blue Lake.