~ Chapter 10: Settling in ~

After a bit of tea and some alone time, the feeling of anxiety in your chest began to fade. It was strange how you could finally make a big switch in your young adult life. You didn't need to act nice for the sake of pleasing others, and you didn't need to smile all the time either. You could laugh loudly, tell jokes, and do as you pleased as you always wanted to. Grimm even reminded you that your life was your own to live.

          You now sat upon your bed, drinking a cup of tea you were new to. It burned a bit, yet would slowly turn sweet. Supposedly it was cinnamon tea and Grimm loved it, and slowly you began to love it too. He gave you a novel to read as long as you wished just as long as you relaxed and healed. Yirel had bruised your face on the left side as well as your side where he kicked you. Other parts of you were sore but luckily you were not seriously damaged.

          Grimm was worried for you, and he promised that Yirel would regret the choices he made. It made you laugh lightly to yourself as you took his words as something to make you feel better, but you could never tell from the look in his eyes. He seemed serious about it in his eyes and voice.

          Though for now, you rest alone. You were decent chunk into a story about a faraway kingdom in a struggle to be saved by a fierce knight before you began to grow restless. You needed to walk a bit, so you set the book aside and swung your legs over the side of the bed. Your joints popped as you stood and stretched though you soon walked out of your area.

          Everything was divided by red quilted sheets, probably other areas for sleeping as you began walking down a path that would bring you to the front of the caravan. There you could hear chattering and conversations, the closer you got the more you could hear. You heard Grimm, Divine, and another voice here and there. When you stepped to the front area, you could see Grimm sitting on a cushion drinking some tea as Divine sat next to another bug who controlled two large bugs who pulled the whole thing.

          When Grimm saw you he set his cup down.

          "Y/n. How are you feeling? Are you sure you should be out of bed?" He asked as he stood up and you gave him a gentle nod.

          "I'm just a bit sore in places, but I'm fine. It was getting cramped in my quarters and wanted to see what was going on up here." You gave a bright smile which then made Grimm let out a gentle chuckle of relief, as long as you were okay he was alright.

          "Getting cramped deary? I think you need more space. I'm sure we could take down the fabric between your room and the next for space." Divine spoke as the bug next to her shot her a look that expressed confusion. Grimm also looked at Divine confused as he told her,

          "Divine, the room next to Y/n's is mine." Which made your eyes widened in shock as Divine giggled. She knew what she meant but covered herself.

          "Oh is it? Oh well."

          "Do not cause trouble for Master and our new guest." The other bug mumbled, his voice low and quiet but it still held authority. His response caused Divine to pout as her eye not covered by her mask narrowed at him.

          "I was not causing trouble, Brumm. It was a mere miscalculation. You haven't even introduced yourself to the sweet young lady." She huffed as the bug called Brumm glanced at her, then to the reins he held to control the driving bugs before looking back at Divine.

          "I would if I was not driving us.” He huffed before looking to you. “Hello. I am Brumm. It is a pleasure being in your presence, Lady…” He trailed off for you to add your name which you fill in,

          “Y/n. It is nice to meet you as well, Brumm.” You gave a small bow and he then turned away to his driving to ensure that you guys kept on the right path. Grimm took his seat once again and patted a cushion next to you to join him.

          “Come sit with me Y/n, we should be reaching the next area where we’ll perform soon. By tonight at the lastest.” He explained with a calm smile. You didn’t hesitate to take a seat beside Grimm as Divine would glance back at you both, though Brumm nudged her and the two began bickering quietly as you could only laugh and look to Grimm.

          “Are they always like this?” You asked. Grimm then shrugged and chuckled warmly,

          “Sometimes they are. Though they’re two of my most loyal troupe members, despite the bickering I wouldn’t trade having them for the world.” He said with a warm voice, so soft and soothing. A part of you wanted to only listen to his voice and you were unsure where this new part of you came from. Maybe it was just the fact that Grimm had saved you from a possible lifetime of agony and grief, or maybe it was just due to how calm and collective he always came off as. Whatever the case, this feeling brought a new sensation you never associated with a connection to someone. It brought a light feeling in your chest and a numb feeling in your limbs like you were ultimately made from pure air.

          “Well, that’s very sweet. Where is our next area?” You leaned back on the cushion as your arm lightly touched Grimm’s. The two of you ended up being slightly close, but neither of you complained.

          “It is a town I didn’t even know existed until now, it appeared after the infection had ended and is placed in the Crossroads close to where Blue Lake is. I have heard stories of how lovely the lake is… Maybe we could go see it in our free time." He looked down at you with such pure excitement which you soon joined.

          "That would be awesome!" You agreed. The two of you shared a soft laugh and relaxed a bit longer.

          After a bit of time, you had dozed off and when you woke up once again you had all made it to the Crossroad Town. The tents were set up already seemingly just appearing out of thin air as they did in the City of Tears. Grimm had woken you up to help situate yourself to your room in the tent.

          As you walked through the halls of the tent, you seemed more and more and more amazed. How sweet red flames lit every lantern in sight as you kept going deeper and deeper. It made the tent seem so much bigger than it seemed on the outside, it just overall gave the tent a mysterious and strange feeling. It embodied Grimm well in a sense.

          "Your bedroom will be close to mine if you don't mind. If you ever need me, just knock." Grimm motioned to a large wooden door which must have been his bedroom door possibly. A few more doors down he then stopped in front of a door which he paused to open. A hazy look crossed his eyes before he blinked and opened the door finally.

          The room was simple with a nice queen-sized bed, a wardrobe, a floor-length mirror and not much else. You still enjoyed it no matter the case, it was your own room and as of now you were exhausted. Grimm seemed to step in and notice something you didn't. A little crib that was empty.

          "Why is there a crib in here?" You asked as you stepped up to it as Grimm stood in the center of the room.

          "It was when I was a baby, my mother lived in this room to care for me…" He mumbled and looked down. "I forgot that was in here. I avoid this room the best I can because I remember spending time with her in here… Though it's our only guest room." Grimm looked back up and smiled shyly to you as you looked back to him with sad eyes.

          "I assume they're good memories?"

          "Of course. We used to play with a ball in here, and I would curl up in bed with her…" He sat on the edge of the bed and ran his hand over the silk sheets, growing a soft smile. "I don't remember my father at all, but it feels as if she's still here and I can remember her so well." He sighed. You walked over to Grimm and sat with him to comfort him.

          "I'm sure she's looking upon you with pride. You're such a sweet and good guy, Grimm." You smiled up at him with a gentle and caring voice. This caused Grimm to sigh and crack a small smile as well.

          "Yes. Maybe she is. Well, I need to start helping the troupe get things organized. Feel free to do as you please with your time, Y/n. Finally explore like you always wanted to, just don't run too far away in case something happens." He got up and headed for the door. You waved to Grimm as he left.

          "Very well. Talk to you later, Grimm." You bid your farewell. Then completely alone to your own devices and whatever you pleased.