~ Chapter 8: Worthy or Not ~

WARNING: This chapter is a bit sadder and eludes and hints at more serious topics (ex: Domestic Violence). If you are deeply triggered by serious topics such as these, proceed with caution.

Over the next four nights, Grimm and you proceeded to meet under the rainy night sky. Your little rendezvous to different locations and learning more of one another as the nights grew longer. As your time together increased, the want to not part also grew stronger. Every time you two had to bid farewell, it was as if your heart was being stabbed by tiny needles. The fiery look in his eyes that brought warmth and comfort were all that you had to look forward to. Since Yirel had become more and more hurtful as the days went by.

He began blaming you for things you weren't doing, insulting you when customers were in the shop, and he made you even more drained and exhausted. When you would rush out to Grimm at night, you never felt more relieved and he ensured you were safe and well. He respected your strong will to push through the pain of your day to day life, though you believed that he feared the day when he wouldn't be there to help you.

Grimm's troupe and he would be leaving the City by the break of dawn the next morning, and then you would be alone. Neither of you wanted to assume what would happen when you parted ways for the last time, it brought uneasiness and worry for the other. You would be parting with a friend you had made so soon let alone one you trusted with your true feelings, and Grimm would too. What would happen to you when the sun would rise, and Grimm was no longer there for you? How would you ever survive?

As the night came closer and closer to ending, Grimm and you sat in the rain at the fountain. Looking at the streets of the city as the rainfall came down heavy and harsh, neither of you minded the downpour and actually quite liked it. You both had splashed around like young children only a few moments before, like kids who had known each other since childhood. Not only were your cloaks soaked but also the rest of your outfit, though as both of you sat completely drenched and wet you sat in peaceful silence. The sound of the rain, the feeling of it beating harshing down on your hoods and cloaks, even the lasting scent it gave to the city you both took in and held close. These sensations would be your last together, you would still feel the rain in the City of Tears but this would be the last time you would feel it in this way. After sitting there for a short moment, Grimm looked down to you with a sad look in his eyes and spoke softly,

"I really wish we didn't need to leave the city. Though we aren't performers if we do not perform for the rest of the world." He said with a soft sigh and you nodded ever so slightly.

"I understand, Grimm. I'm sure where ever you guys go you'll put on a lovely show." You tried to smile as you looked up at him but his worried expression coated with sadness never left his eyes.

"I worry for you though. Please Y/n, I'll beg on my hands and knees if I must." He took both of your hands and held them in his own. How warm and soft they were, and how you wished you could hold them for eternity. Was this even still a friendship if you thought that way about him? "Please join me, join us... You don't need to perform, but you'll at least be safer than where you are now." He did his best to coax you to join him, but you could only look down in sadness.

"I'm sorry. I really can't. I couldn't live with myself if I knew I would be disappointing my loved ones far away."