~ Prologue: Grow up ~

The first time you wanted to leave home and become an adventurer was when you began spending time during school reading books of famous warriors and adventurers from other lands. Famous people who died for glory, or heroes who saved entire kingdoms... You had grown up in a city where you were raised to be a wife and that was it, though that was never your dream. It would be your goal at some point, but you wanted to wield a Nail. Feel the wind of battle and the cheering of crowds as they shouted your name.

"Y/n... Y/n... Y/n..."

"Y/N!" You felt someone grab your arm forcefully as you let out a sharp yelp. When you looked at the person who did this, you were met with familiar eyes. Your fiance Yirel looked down at you with cold eyes, all you could do was shrink back on fear. "Don't walk off again, stop daydreaming you'll get your foolish self lost here already." He groaned and all you could do was give a small,

"I'm sorry." That was all you could say. Every action you did that Yirel didn't like made him treat you like you were nothing but the girl who had her head in the clouds her entire life. Your parents got along well, and Yirel's family found your voice incredibly stunning and lyrical along with your beauty. The offer of marriage came onto the table when you turned into an adult, and there were no questions about it. The only luck you seemed to have was that Yirel didn't want to get married yet, he wanted to establish a business and find a good place to settle down which you now had to do so with him.

You both never got along, Yirel was a grasshopper with little patience and was treated highly his entire life. He was spoiled basically, and you hated his personality since the moment you both met. He had such a look of disappointment from that moment, but no one else seemed to see what you saw in his expression. Your parents thought he was a well kept young man, a gentleman who would be successful. They didn't treat you poorly, they loved you though they couldn't see Yirel's true colors and you couldn't blame them.

Yirel looked around the small town you had entered when coming to this new land. It was your passing point, and layover before heading for your true destination. The map he had gotten read: Hollownest. Currently, you had both stopped at the land's first town, Dirtmouth. It was small but lively. You had gotten to take in some of the atmospheres already before Yirel inevitably dragged you away. You had already heard music and met townsfolk. Hollownest felt so much different than your homeland, though Yirel seemed to have a distaste for it all.

"Such chaos, why did we even choose this place?" He mumbled. It was his decision, you only agreed. Though reading up on Hollownest brought you pure joy. It was a land filled with warriors from past to present. It had a deeply rich history for thousands of years.

It was a prosperous land until the Pale King had stepped into power. A bit after that a horrible illness ravaged the land and killed many of the citizens. Many believed this was the work of a higher deity who was unhappy with the people and the king's rule. This infection raged on for many long years, all attempts to stop it failed until a vessel made from the darkest matter in Hollownest rose to light. Defeating the goddess of dreams, Radiance, and freeing the land from its destruction. The hero died in battle, but Hollownest continued to thrive once more. The daughter of the Pale King and Queen Herra helped lead many reconstruction processes and unite the land under one kingdom. She was known as Queen Hornet before mysteriously disappearing, and she never returned. The land is now ruled by a council, located at the far end of the land and all areas continue to thrive in unity.