~ Chapter 12: In Tune ~

Everyone seemed in such a rush as they prepared for a performance you learned would be held the next night. The bugs you had learned to call Grimmkin flew about with a purpose. Carrying items, torches, and some decorations. Grimm led you to a room that was quiet and had a higher ceiling, Divine and Brumm were already in it. Brumm was practicing the accordion filling the room and the hallway outside with soft sinister music. The music that brought you to the tent the first night you saw them, Brumm played with ease and without stopping for a break.

When the two of you entered the room, Divine turned and gave a wide smile.

"Hello you two, taking a nice walk together?" She giggled and Brumm shook his head lightly while he played. Grimm glanced to you then back to Divine.

"No, Y/n was just exploring the area and I wanted to ensure she was safe. Though now she can watch us practice for our performance tomorrow." He had dropped your hand to walk over to the violin case that held his late mother's heirloom to him. You felt a prick of sadness as he left your side and you didn't exactly know why. Maybe it was his warmth that gave you constant comfort, or possibly it was due to how kind and charming he was matching his personality. Whatever the case was you still could not hide your slight disappointment as he walked away. Divine saw you and only gave a cheeky smile before turning to Grimm who retrieved his violin and held it carefully with ease as he readied to play.

You sat against the wall along the side and went silent, your attention trained directly on Grimm as Divine and Brumm also gave him his space. His eyes burned with determination clearly as he positioned his violin onto his left shoulder. The more you looked at his expression and form, the more you noticed how he shook lightly. His eyes showed a clear sign of nervousness as well... It caught you off guard how he easily showed his nerves yet easily hid them. Soon his nerves subsided as Grimm took a deep breath and began to play.

When knowing their relation now to one another, you could tell where the old woman in Dirtmouth and Grimm's talents overlapped. He played just as well as her and it brought back the memories of stepping into Dirtmouth after traveling from your home. How the melody brought a sensation to sing along. The music touched you deeply despite it trying to sound like the theme Brumm had played because Grimm still brought out a bit of him in how he played it. It was light and gentle, and after a bit of him playing he began to sway and move simply with ease. The music, his movements he synced completely and it had you mesmerized.

You had never seen anyone play in such a way, and you had never wanted to keep your eyes on someone more than you wanted to on Grimm. There must have been a reason for your strange emotions, how every time Grimm and you talked you grew a feeling in your chest you couldn't shake. You thought it was due to finally gaining a real friend for the first time in your entire life but maybe there was more behind the label you gave your relationship with Grimm. It was as if the world stopped when you two were together, the negative that once came from Yirel and from life altogether was almost gone when with Grimm. His smile was charming and made you only want to smile in return, his eyes held genuine comfort and care that made your face heat up and your body feel weightless. Was this still a friendship then?

Your only desire was to hold his hand, to be wrapped up in his warm cloak with him while drinking tea. You closed your eyes and let the melody carry your imagination... Your desire, your new aspiration with Grimm was more than you could handle. It was as if it was the plot of a story you would have read. That was when it came to you slowly. Your attachment to Grimm, and your adoration for his treatment of you.