~ Chapter 20: Danger Ahead ~

As the celebration ended both you and Grimm made your way to his room to sleep. You weren't sure what was supposed to happen after that, and in a way that made you slightly nervous. Was there something you were both supposed to do? He spoke about having an heir, did that mean soon? Now? What were the traditions you were now supposed to follow with him? As you both entered his office and then his room off to the side, Grimm saw how you seemed tense and nervous.

"Is something the matter dear?" He asked you while gently brushing the side of your face with the back of his hand. You felt your face heat up as he did so and he must have felt it too. "What's troubling you my sweet?"

"N-nothing. Well..." you rubbed your arm a bit due to how embarrassed you felt, not knowing anything yet you felt like you were supposed to know something. Grimm seemed to take in your usually not present shyness and start to connect the dots. A small smile formed on his lips as he stepped into his room.

"If there is something you want to discuss, you know you can tell me... Just because you and I are more than before, that doesn't mean that we need to do anything differently." He spoke as he walked to his bed in the center of the room. He then looked back to you, holding his hand out for you to come to him. You began to walk to him as you softly whispered,

"We don't need to do anything? Because during the ritual you said something about having an heir and I wouldn't mind doing that at some point, but..." you stammered and Grimm chuckled a bit.

"That was something I had to say to keep true to the ritual. We don't need to do that now, Y/n. We have so much time." He pulled you into a warm and tight embrace as he looked down with his warm red eyes. They soon lulled you into a calm and sweet sense of comfort. "We don't need to rush, plus it gives me more time to have you all to myself." He whispered with a charming smirk before placing a small kiss on your lips. After the brief moment passed, Grimm let his arms drop from around your waist as he started readying for bed. "Well, I think today was a long and very eventful day. Let's get some rest, alright?"

"Okay, that sounds nice." You gave him a calm smile. The two of you got ready for bed before settling down beneath the sheets. The air becoming calm and settled between you both as Grimm seemed to drift off to sleep flawlessly. His breathing very soft and his eyes shut lightly, it helped you grow comfortable to soon do the same.

****

"This was all pointless!" A voice argued with another.

"No, it wasn't... Give it all some time!" Another argued which helped you to come to and notice your surroundings. The world was a blinding white, but nothing was there to cause the pure white atmosphere. It was all empty... Absolutely nothing but a bonfire with a burning scarlet flame in it. As you sat up and noticed the fire, you then noticed two figures pacing on the opposite side of it. Both females with a tense aura between them. You looked at them closer and saw Grimm's mother and Isa, Grimm's grandmother.

"Hey!" You stood up swiftly and their focus trained on you, the two of them stopped their pacing to give you their full attention. It was strange to finally know who they were but in a way, it gave you the confidence to talk to them. "I know who you two are! Grimm's mother and grandmother! Now, what do you want with me? You're both dead!" You frantically began shouting and pointing out, it made you feel close to madness how none of this made sense yet it was still happening. Isa looked to Grimm's mother who wore her white gown with red lace, Isa's was just plain white.

"She's here... So what is your plan? She and Grimm are now bound, she's stuck like us!"

"Hush, Isa. Bold of you to jump to conclusions like that. Do you take me for a fool? I know what I am doing as much as you did."