~ Chapter 6: Two on The Town ~

That night when the shop was closed, and the streetlamps turned on you grabbed your cloak and put it on. You started to understand how odd your interaction with Grimm was, and how easy you agreed to technically walk with a stranger. Though maybe it wouldn't be as bad as it all sounded to the naked ear. You exited the store and locked it behind you, the rain came down a bit heavier now as it filled your senses once more.

You pulled your hood over your head and began walking, tonight was a quieter night due to the heavy rain. It made everything seem even more magical as the rain created a gentle cadence that helped your mind wander while you walked. Did Grimm think this was some sort of date, even though you did your best to make it obvious you weren't single? Maybe he saw your personality as pleasing, thus he wished to spend time with you. What if his large red eyes saw more than you intended to give off, what if he knew you were unhappy? What if he could tell Yirel's effects on you and this he wanted to give you an opportunity to escape, as tempting as it was would you be able to take it?

You made your way to the tents with no issue as the rain from above bounced off of the red surface, it must have made an interesting sound when inside but you don't remember hearing the rain the other night when in there for the show. Maybe there was something special about the tent, then again there was clearly something special about this entire troupe. You just couldn't claim exactly what.

As you waited by the side of the tent, it only took a minute or two for a tall figure to duck out pulling a hood over their head to shield themself from the rain. When they turned you saw the same pair of glowing red eyes as you knew from before, Grimm now wearing a similar cloak like he tended to wear, but this one had a large hood that covered the top of his head and its crescent shape. He strolled over to you as he pulled his cloak closer to his body.

"Good evening Y/n. Glad to see you made it in this rain." His voice held a bit of a chuckle as you looked up at the raining night sky and hummed.

"It's something I'm prepared to be used to now living here. The rain all holds its own character." You said and Grimm began walking, which you walked alongside him.

"Its own character? How so?" He asked as you walked side by side into the night and into the heart of the CIty of Tears.

"Well, the light drizzles give a peaceful and comforting feeling. While heavier precipitation holds so much more." You replied dreamily. Grimm smiled softly down at you as his eyes then scanned the area.

"What imagery you have. Have you always been so... lyrical with your look on life?" He seemed to take a bit of thought with phrasing the rest of his sentence and it made you laugh a bit. You did always compare the world around you to what emotions it helped bring out. You liked to see things as seen in song or in a book. You saw the world for so much of a deeper value than other bugs back home saw it.

"I suppose I have, ever since I was a child really. I enjoyed reading to see the world with such bright and pure emotions. Beauty lies in everything created, there is beauty in all that has been created and will be. A part of me wants to see it all, even if I die before I get to I wish I could see the world or at least more of it." You trailed off as you remembered that your life was to now stay with Yirel. You weren't allowed to chase your dreams, in a sense you weren't allowed to dream. Only do as you were told and go from there. Grimm heard it in your voice as you trailed your sentence off. It made him look down at you with a bit of sadness crossing his warm eyes.