~ Chapter 27: Moving on ~

It was easy to establish trust with the citizens of Hallownest, it seemed that they possibly were easier to win over than you thought. Then again they had faith in whoever appeared to them and proclaimed themselves as the new rulers, so maybe to them this was just another ‘Maybe this time the kingdom won’t try and fall apart’. You would make sure it wouldn’t. As you helped people who were scared and timid up, they began to see loyalty and faith in you. A normal girl, with a kind heart and a beautiful shine to her. Grimm did the same, and though he seemed intimidating to the people around you both they too noticed how he only wanted to help.

            Though Grimm’s focus seemed clear on one thing and one thing only… He was trying to get back to the troupe, which also had you worried as well. Once people began to regain themselves and go back to some sort of normal, Grimm looked to you with his eyes full of concern and worry. You knew his concern was about Divine, Brumm, and the rest of the troupe he was the Master of. So with a gentle voice, you told Grimm while motioning him to follow you,

            “Let’s go.” Without anything else needed to be added. You could read one another much better now it seemed, you weren’t sure if it was the powers you had both gained or possibly just the connection of both of you becoming stronger. Whatever the case, it allowed you both to work together on a better level. That was what the kingdom needed after all. A positive duo who would keep everything in check.

            As the two of you reached the area where you left the troupe to stay safe you instantly saw Divine and Brumm looking to where there was once the many Grimmkin waiting for their master’s return. Only a few remained and even then they looked close to fading away as if they were made out of nothing but pure dust. Grimm rushed to the two as he expressed complete worry, and when Divine turned her head and Brumm looked up to him the two expressed similar signs of surprise.

            “Lady Y/n and Master Grimm!” Divine said, her voice sounded tired and slightly drained and that was when you noticed how they too looked faded and worn. Older than they looked just before you left for the palace.

            “What’s going on, where is the rest of the troupe?” Grimm asked as his eyes scanned the Grimmkin who began to fade away and just disappear. They didn’t seem hurt at all but the fact that this was happening even made you concerned.

            “The Nightmares Heart is no more?” Brumm answered Grimm’s question with his own question and Grimm looked down at him with confusion.

            “Well, yes…” He murmured and Divine let out a sad laugh while Brumm gently placed a hand on her back.

            “What’s wrong?” You finally stepped in and while Divine was a mixture of relief, sadness, and grief Brumm cleared his throat and spoke up.

            “All members of this troupe are souls who bargained with Grimm’s before your time now… Trapped and linked to the heart for eternity to help the ritual be completed century after century. Now that there is no longer the heart that trapped us and kept us alive past our time… We must finally part with this world.” He explained and Grimm looked saddened, it hurt you to see him this way. He had already lost so much, and after becoming a god and achieving so much you knew he didn’t want to lose anyone else.

            “Part with this world… “ He echoed as he looked down and you slipped your hand into his as a sign that you were there for him. Divine stepped up to him and put on the best smile she could.

            “Master, we want to thank you for doing this. Not only has it saved Hallownest as a whole but our souls can finally be put to rest. This is the end of so much torment and despair, as everyone enters a new age of freedom and peace.  We have been trapped because of our own fear of death, but now I think it is best we move on.” She placed a gentle hand onto his arm and Grimm’s red eyes glowed faintly with the sight of tears glistening from their glow. He did his best to hold back his sadness as he nodded.