~ Chapter 26: Forever Eternal ~

Your vision came back ever so slowly this time, perhaps using so much power in such little time especially after just getting it was something you weren't prepared for. You weren't prepared for any of what you ended up face or what you would face, but you weren't alone. As your vision came back and you opened your eyes just a bit, you couldn't tell exactly what had changed. Everything was a lot quieter as you rested with someone's arm behind your back and the other under your knees holding you in a bridal sort of way.

You looked around and saw fearful faces of the soldiers that once wanted you both dead, and then your eyes trained up to earn a shock. The figure that held you up look like the Nightmare King you had just faced only moments earlier, but his eyes... Much like how Grimm's father changed the eyes of the King's form when he took over, the eyes that looked around and then down at you didn't express rage or anger. They expressed compassion, warmth, and love. Even a bit of thankfulness. You knew it was Grimm, your Grimm. The one you bounded yourself to and promised to love for however long you two lived, which now meant eternity.

Before he allowed himself to smile at your waking and signs of recovery, he glared back up at the soldiers who instantly began to flee once he took one step towards him. The council room was now wrecked, but you had both come out triumphant. At least that was what you assumed by now. Grimm finally kneeled down a bit to let you stand safely.

"Thank Wyrm, you're awake..." He finally spoke as you tried to stand on your own feet. He held your hands as your knees wobbled a bit and your head felt like it was spinning.

"It worked... It really worked." You muttered as you looked up at Grimm with a tired yet faint smile. He let out his usual warm chuckled and held you in a close and passionate hug before placing his lips onto yours. He felt warmer and even more inviting than before, in a way you noticed how you felt even closer to him then when you were just bounded. You felt complete like he was finally the other half that made you whole. When you both parted from your kiss you realized how Grimm seemed to admire you more.

"I really don't know how you have done it, but you look even more stunning than before." He said in a charming tone which made you blink and look down at yourself. Your shell from head to toe now had gold markings etched into it which gave you more of an angelic shine than before, and the dress you wore even reminded you of Grimm's mother and Isa's dress. Though this dress had life in place of the simple white dress they wore. It had a pure white base with a skirt that flowed out a bit and stopped at your knees with gold lace on the hem. Gold embroidery decorated the neckline and even the skirt.

Though what caught your eyes as you scanned over your body was a set of faint translucent wings positioned on your back (In place of your old wings if already had wings), a soft glowing white with gold marking just like what now etched your shell.

"How in the world..." You muttered and Grimm smiled at your reaction as he pulled his new cloak closer.

"I suppose we both got a slight change to us in these new states... It's incredible, Y/n. How did you do it?" He looked back into your eyes and you rubbed the side of your head as you began to recall each and every detail.

"It was insane! I saw Radiance and she almost killed me, after she gave me her powers I came back and tried to save you! I met the Nightmare King and he almost killed me also!" You placed your hands on your head and laughed softly, though the sound of your dangerous story made Grimm look at you with disbelief though it soon changed to a soft smile as you walked across the room.