~ Epilogue: The End ~

This was it. Hallownest was finally eternal and safely nestled in time by two peaceful rulers equal in power and balance. You and Grimm made all decisions together and for the sake of the kingdom's prosperity. It was not a difficult task after much faith and praise from those below you. Your servants pleased and calm around you and Grimm, marking the era of a calm and peaceful life for all bugs who walked into the land. Just like how you did so long ago, though all bugs were allowed to follow their dreams and desires. To pursue adventure, dreams, art, and love who they wished with no fear of war or pestilence.

To show their thanks for this wonderful life, bugs would come to you and Grimm's palace and pray. It was unnerving to you, stepping out onto the terrace to get some fresh air just to see hundreds of bugs kneeling and whispering prayers in your favor. Though you learned to smile and thank them because while to yourself you still didn't feel any different, you had to remember you were now a goddess. To them, you were their holy savior and so they would treat you like one until the end of time which may never approach. Despite feeling as if your position was more like being a queen, and Grimm and king.

Grimm was much more accustomed to people looking up to him anyway since this was what his troupe once did. Though he was still not used to having so many doing so. He was a man who didn't mind the attention, but after a while, he too became overwhelmed with it all. Though at the end of the day, you and Grimm found time to be alone. Just the two of you madly in love like you had met only yesterday.

From nightly walks in the palace's large garden to days you would sneak away to travel and explore the deep and secret parts of Hallownest. You had both become important beings but even when guests came you would find time to both sneak out and gossip about who you had over. Nothing bad, just simple fun questions as you would ask back and forth.

"Did you see how much sugar they added to their tea?"

"I wonder how you can have a train so long on a robe of that material."

"I have never heard that accent before. It's hilarious."

It was innocent fun. Nothing that had harm to it, but it kept you and Grimm close to one another. Even as time passed and you both took on more responsibility.

After you had both gotten used to the flow of palace life, fate gifted you with a blessing. You had given life to a son for yourself and Grimm to love and start a family, who had large golden eyes and a dark small body which Grimm said was how all of the vessels of the Nightmare King looked when newly born. Though with time and natured correctly, he would grow to look like how Grimm did almost. Though his golden eyes indicated that he did not need to gain flames to grow, and instead would be the first Grimmchild in thousands of generations to grow up with both of his parents. In fit of his soft golden eyes, like that of a shining setting light before night hits. You both agreed on the name Dusk for him.

From Grimm's lineage, he claimed that Dusk would be your only child due to how it usually worked. Though as a few years passed after Dusk's birth, you were both shocked when you were expecting once again. You held your breaths as you weren't sure if it was a rouse or if it would only end with heartache, but after a long time and patience, you both welcomed a baby girl into your family. An infant of your breed of bug with scarlet-colored eyes that burned like Grimm's. Her body a dark rosy color and she had swirled markings on her face right under her eyes like Grimm had his markings. It was breathtaking and she was enchanting just like Dusk was when he was born. Grimm looked close to tears knowing he was lucky to bear two children, and he had not just a son but a daughter to care for as well. You both decided on the name Dawn, due to the rosy color that would appear some mornings from above.