~ Chapter 3: Cunning Plans ~

You dreamed of something you didn't before, which was strange due to how much you dreamed to begin with. Though everything seemed unclear, voices called for and some you could hear while others you couldn't. Women called your name, all trying to bring you to open your eyes though everything was dark. It was maddening how they didn't seem to stop even when you begged. They didn't stop until hushed by an outside force.

It all stopped, they all went quiet. The sound of whispering, shouting, begging, pleading, all ceased so suddenly you opened your eye now and laid in a grassy land. The sound of chattering birds and rustling bugs filled your ears now as you sat up and took in everything. The soft grass and forestry amazed you, never seeing anything much like where you sat. Your homeland was mostly boring cities with little to no lush forests or green lands, but for your mind to conjure such a place... It seemed all so real.

That was when you began hearing a melody. Soft and gentle, it called to you much like the accordion music did with the tents. Though the music here had a different pull, not one that gave you a feeling of adventurous curiosity but instead that of security. The music was calming, I was peaceful and it gave you a feeling, like warm blankets and a soft bed. A warm home with love in every part of its built. It would be impossible to not follow it.

You walked on a paved way that had green grass and shrubs on both sides. Everything was detailed and seemed too real to be a dream, though you could only remember falling asleep in your bed besides Yirel. You never had woken up, nor had you remembered coming to a grassy land such as this one. You had no answers, though maybe the sweet melody that reached you would have an answer for you.

The closer you got to the source of the music, the more you could learn of it. It was a violin and lifted and fell with the scenery. It almost struck you as familiar as you heard the song grow louder and louder.

Until you came to a clearing, warm light poured through the leaves and you saw a young woman standing with her back to you. She was dressed in a loose white gown, but the hems had something on them which when you paid attention to it you saw it was red lace. The lace was on the skirt hem and on the hem of the short sleeves. The woman struck you as slightly familiar as you stepped closer.

The woman stopped and slowly turned to you before lowering her violin, a smile painted onto her lips at you.

"You're not ready... Don't let them rush you, they're impatient." She let out a soft laugh and turned back around.

"What?" You replied with confusion before she spoke in a loud yet hushed whisper.

"Wake up. You have so much time." And thus you shot up in bed. Your breathing was heavy and frantic as you looked around your room, Yirel still snoring loudly as you saw it was morning. The sky outside being slightly lighter to indicate the time of day. You got chills thinking about the dream before you slipped out of bed and walked over to the window you had in your bedroom. The streets below were filled with people once again living their lives peacefully. You needed to brush the dream from your head.

You then went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast before Yirel woke up and would get mad for you not making anything.

****

As the day went forward and Yirel left the shop in your care so he could do whatever he did with his day, you could never seem to shake all the events you had already experienced here in the City of Tears. The tent people from last night, the voices, the dreams... They all seemed so sudden as if you had pieces to puzzles you didn't even know about. Maybe some more answers would come to light when you went to see the show the next night.

When the show came back into your head, you remembered how Yirel was a large roadblock to really seeing it. If you didn't find a way around him, you would never be able to see it. You did have some time, but the sooner you ensured he wouldn't catch you the easier it could be to prepare for it. At that moment a customer came up to you,

"I would like to buy this." They said as they placed a simple object on the counter.

"That will be 50 geo." You forced a smile and they made the transaction, leaving just as Yirel walked through the door. He seemed in a mood as always, though you held your breath as you asked him, "What's wrong, dear?" Your voice sounding sweet despite how much you hated this man.

"I need to head out of town to obtain some items for the shop. They're valuable and I need to go, but I don't want to leave the shop and have it closed while I'm gone." He paced around the currently empty shop and you tried to keep yourself at smiling at this perfect opportunity.

"I mean if you don't want to lose money dear, I already spend my entire day watching the shop. It'll also allow me to ensure everything is clean for you when you return." You spoke with a light and sweet voice, doing everything in your power to sound like the perfect little wife you were supposed to be. If you could fool Yirel and get him to leave the shop on this journey, you would have more than enough time to check out the shows at the tent and maybe even explore more of the city.

"Hm..." Yirel hummed, narrowing his eyes at you as you folded your hands in front of you in a sweet manner. He didn't see through your fake smile and voice as he said, "Very well. I'll be leaving tomorrow morning. I won't be back for a few days, so you better not ruin this shop or o help me." He hissed and you actually had cowarded away again. Though you cleared your throat and remained calm.

"Yes, dear." You nodded to him sincerely and Yirel walked past you with nothing else as he began walking upstairs.

"Did you make me dinner?"

"Yes. It is already prepared." You felt proud to say before he added,

"Then can you pack my items for tomorrow's departure? I need time to relax." You let out a soft sigh as you followed him upstairs also. Despite his horrible mood no matter what you did to try and please him, at least Yirel was simple and naive. You had succeeded in your own plan and felt a wave of confidence you felt like he couldn't shake from you. No matter what he had you do for him.

As you began to pack his items for him, and you heard him make snippy comments about your cooking you couldn't wait for him to leave already.

Welp, I'm glad I got the chapter done for tonight! I'll be streaming Hollow Knight tonight, so come join me as I take on the Traitor Mantis Lord! I'll see you there! Ciao!

-S_I_R