~ Chapter 13: Sweet Duet ~

As the next day came and went you didn't come across Grimm much. He must have been extremely busy with preparing for the performance as you walked around the tent many times and were only greeted with Grimmkin frantically preparing. As the day went on and the performance was about to go underway, you had not changed your mind on performing with Grimm due to fear and insecurity over singing. You did stand in a hallway not far from the performance area and you could hear the sound of murmuring. The audience waited for the show to start and a part of you felt guilty for not accepting Grimm’s offer…

          As you drifted into a deep state of thought about your decision, you were quickly interrupted by the sweet and eerie voice of Divine.

          “Hello dear! Why aren’t you dressed for the show? Are you and Master not performing together?” She asked as she approached from down the hall. Your eyes landed on her and you bit your lip.

          “No, I’m not.” Was your only reply and Divine did a dramatic gasp, which made you look at her a bit confused. It was clear she was just trying to be over the top as usual as she grabbed one of your hands.

          “That won’t do! You have to perform with him!” She urged and you felt your face heat up.

          “What if I mess up right next to him? I would ruin his performance, I haven’t sung in front of a large crowd before.” You explained as you looked to the floor. You really did let fear get the best of you in this situation. After all that had happened and holding close your true feelings for Grimm, the last thing you needed was shame and embarrassment on top of that you had already earned. Divine saw your expression and let out a soft sigh,

          “Oh, dear…” She started as she made you look back to meet her gaze. “I think performing with him will only make his night better. He really was captivated by your voice and you sounded so well together. Give it a try, this will be the smallest crowd you will ever face and you’ll have Master to rely on.” She encouraged you with a look that also begged you to join him, it was so clear how she wanted you to perform with him it must have been something she could tell. You fought internally for a small moment before dropping your shoulders.

          “Fine, I’ll perform with him. Should we tell Grimm?” You agreed and when you did so Divine perked up.

          “No no! Let it be a surprise, I’m sure he would love that.” She concluded and you did your best to not doubt her, but you weren’t sure if a surprise was good to do right before performing for a crowd. “You’ll need something to wear…” She put her hand under her chin as she looked from your head to toe as she was in clear contemplation. A few moments later she grew a small smile. “I think you’ll fit in a nice dress. Come, let’s head to your room.” She began to lead you back to your room swiftly. The show would be starting soon, where Grimm would introduce himself to a new audience… You would see him at the end of the show just in time for his performance.

          Both of you reached your room, and once on entering Divine spent no time looking for something. She went to the wardrobe in your room and inside of it there was a dress hung inside nicely. It was the only thing inside of the wardrobe which made it seem creepy and odd, yet you were surprised she knew where to find it.

          “Here it is…” Divine smiled softly as she ran a hand over the soft lacy fabric. It was a black dress with a deep reddish-purple colored lace that matched the color of Grimm’s body. The lace traced the bottom hem and the end of the sleeves. The dress also had a black lace choker that had a pomegranate red gem in the center. It was beautiful the more you looked at it and Divine then handed it off to you. “This was the dress Grimm’s mother wore when going to meet with his father on their first date. I remember helping her pick it out, she was such a shy and quiet one.” Divine giggled and you looked at her in awe.