fifty-five

They had gone through a successful preseason, winning all their games and getting into their stride. They had a couple of away games under their belt, drawing with the Portland Thorns and getting a win over the Chicago Red Stars, but now it was finally their first home game of the season. They had a bye week which thankfully lined up with her commencements, playing during the week instead of that weekend. They were all excited to finally be on their own turf, and Casey could not wait to finally play a home game in front of her boyfriend and her father, who were both finally able to make a game in person over watching it on the TV. She made sure they both had seats in the wall so they could have a great experience, for this was Alessio's first game he had ever been able to attend, and for her father, it had been a while. Until that day, she never realized that he had never made one of her games. He had always been traveling or at work, but he always made sure to watch wherever he was.

The team decided to dress up for their first home game, not a formal dress up but casual. She went through her closet, finding a sleeveless navy sundress with an uneven hem that she had not had the pleasure to wear yet. She did not even remember where it came from, but it fit her perfectly, hugging her figure in all the right places. She put on some light, sweat-proof makeup and actually took a little time to curl her hair, which was something she normally did not do. She felt good and looked even better as she put on a pair of slightly platform sandals. She grabbed whatever else she needed and went downstairs, Alessio outside with Atlas doing some yard work, playing with the hose. She knocked on the sliding glass door before she went outside, making sure the hose was off and out of Alessio's hand before she did.

"Well don't you look absolutely gorgeous." Alessio said with a smile, walking toward her.

"I was just coming out to let you know I was leaving. The game starts at three, you're still coming right?" She asked, and he chuckled.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. I cannot wait. Who are you guys versing today?" He answered, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"We've got Utah today. I cannot wait to see Becky, Kelley, and Christen. It feels like it's been too long." She informed him with a smile. He pecked a kiss on her cheek.

"You're gonna kick ass today. I'll see you after the game." He said.

"Remember I'm getting lunch with my dad after the game today, then I think Kelley said something about coming by the house to check it out before they leave on Monday." She reminded him, and he nodded, smiling.

"I'll be working, but have fun." He answered with a chuckle. She smiled, pecking him on the lips once more before she bid farewell. She always left the house a little early so she could meet with Alex in the parking lot and jam out in her Jeep before they both went and joined the rest of their team to head into the stadium. She grabbed her water bottle and keys, everything else she needed already in her car. She pulled her hair back into a ponytail as she put down all the windows. The hard-top was already off, and once it got into May and June, she would probably finally take the doors off the Jeep.

She arrived at the stadium thirty minutes later, her drive including a stop for coffee. She was one of the only cars in the parking lot, but after a few minutes went by, Alex pulled up beside her with Sydney in the car with her. They both smiled when they saw her, Alex shutting her car off and getting in the passenger seat while Sydney hopped into the back.

"Happy game day!" Sydney bellowed with a laugh. That was the typical greeting whenever they saw one another. Casey turned the music up as Faucet Failure started playing, her and Sydney rapping the entire song. Alex just stared at them with amazement, shaking her head and laughing. This went on for the next twenty minutes, and thirty minutes later Casey shut her car off and the three of them went with the rest of their teammates inside the stadium to get ready for warmups. Casey hooked her music up to the bluetooth speakers as usual and started playing the game day playlist she played every game. There were so many songs on it that it was something different every time, and it was always fun for the entire locker room.