thirty-one

[ Wow look an update! I'm super sorry for being so inactive, I've just been super busy with school! I promise I'll try to be a little more active! ]

She had been thinking about her encounter with the stranger in the park for days, and now that they were on the bus on the way to their first game against Mexico, Alex finally confronted her about it.

"Casey, what's up with you? You've been quiet the past two days." Alex said to her, and Casey shrugged.

"It's nothing, just something that happened during my run." She responded, trying to brush her off, but Alex was not backing down.

"Did someone try to kidnap you?" She asked, and that got Casey's attention.

"No! No, of course not." She answered, rubbing her face with her hands.

"Then what happened?" She nudged, and since she did not want her thinking the worst thing possible, she told her.

"This guy bumped into me on my run, and he was a fan so he asked for a picture. Then he tells me to visit this club or bar? Walk to the Moon? I don't know, there was just something about this guy." She explained in short, and Alex was intrigued.

"Casey, it's Howl at the Moon, and that's pretty much underground party central. Did he say his name?" Julie asked, getting in on the conversation.

"I'm not sure. The only name he mentioned was that if I was ever to come by the bar to ask for Alessio." She answered, and Julie's eyes went wide. "What?"

"Alessio Miller, one of the youngest millionaires to walk the planet? He owns Howl at the Moon and all the money goes towards non profit organizations and charities that help try and save the planet. He's a playboy, but a thoughtful one, I guess. He's sort of a mystery." Julie explained to her. She had been playing in Chicago for a few seasons, so she would know the ins and outs.

"Exactly how old is this young millionaire?" She asked slowly.

"About twenty-four, twenty-five." Alex chimed in. "You should totally go."

"What for? I can't even drink or anything." Casey responded, and they laughed.

"He invited you, Casey, and he probably won't card you anyhow. Plus, you can still get into a club at eighteen anyhow." Julie said, and she sighed.

"I don't think it's a great idea." She responded as the bus stopped outside of the back of the stadium where the locker rooms were.

"Casey, go live a little. It's not like you have a boyfriend to go back to." Alex said, and they all hollered at the comment, making Casey laugh.

"If it makes you feel any better, we could go with you." Julie added, and she sighed. She thought about it for a few moments, Alex nudging her shoulder.

"Fine, I'll go." She groaned, and they cheered for her.

"Do we get to come then?" Alex asked.

"Sure, I guess." Casey responded. They all cheered again for the night out as they pulled up to the field.

"Okay so when are we going then?" Julie questioned as they got off the bus, walking to the locker room.

"We don't have to be on a plane tomorrow morning, we could go tonight after the game." Kelley suggested, and a small murmur within the group agreed.

"Casey, you better hope you brought something nicer than I think you did." Alex said with a laugh, getting them all to laugh as well.

"I told you I won't look homeless for once." Casey answered with a chuckle as they got ready for their game against Mexico. They went in the locker room rowdy as ever, and Jill got their attention.