fifty-four

She never thought the day that she would be putting on a cap and gown again would come so soon.

It was finally the end of April, her finals done and her credits fulfilled to graduate that Saturday afternoon. Alex, Servando, Alessio, and her father were all attending the commencement ceremony at the Florida State University theater hall, and Ali and Ashlyn were flying in to celebrate with them afterward.

"I just want to say, I am so so proud of you." Patrick told her when he arrived that morning to go with them to the university.

"Thanks pops, I'm just excited to be done with school." She answered with a laugh. He chuckled as well, giving her a hug.

"As a gift, your mother saved this bracelet for you to wear as you walk across the stage. She wanted to give it to you herself the day that you graduated college but..." He said, pulling the box out of his inside suit pocket. She took it in her hands and opened the box, the bracelet inside beautiful.

"It's beautiful." Was all she said was she put it on her left wrist. She hugged her father tight, holding you close. "I miss her. I wish she was here to see this."

"I do too, sweetheart. But I know she's watching, and I know she's super proud of you." He told her calmly, and she gave him one more squeeze before she let go. She put in the rest of her earrings and found the pair of red heels She bought specifically for commencements. They were comfortable enough to wear all day. She straightened out her white dress, then made sure her hair was perfectly in place

"You two ready to go?" Alessio asked as he peeked in the bedroom door. Casey put on some red lipstick and nodded.

"Yes, just let me grab my cap and gown." She responded, going over to the closet to grab the gold cap and gown that was waiting for her to wear. Although her high school graduation had been important to her, this one was more rewarding. Being able to balance online school, soccer, and her relationship was a feat, but she was able to get her bachelor's degree in sports management. She kept her internship with Orlando city up until this past season, where they offered her a job part time working with the management staff. She was excited, for it it gave her a more behind the scenes look at everything going on. By now, between her internship and her courses, she had been very invested in the team. She could not wait to manage her own team one day, but that day would have to wait until she was done playing soccer.

"Alex and Sev are meeting us there, right?" Patrick asked, and Alessio nodded.

"Then I believe we are all coming back here to do some partying. Graduating university is way bigger than high school, and by the time you graduate college, you're able to drink." Alessio explained with a laugh, getting Casey to chuckle as well.

"Well I probably will not be joining you for that, but I would like to do lunch with you tomorrow, Casey. I am on call tonight anyhow." Her father said, and she nodded, kissing him on the cheek.

"It's a date." Casey responded with a smile. Alessio took a look at his watch.

"Alright, well we better get going to Tallahassee. Casey, are you still driving?" Alessio asked her, and she smiled, nodding excitedly.

"Why yes I am. And I am listening to my music full blast before you yell at me." She warned, rushing down the stairs and grabbing her keys off the hook before they could say anything. Patrick and Alessio just looked at each other, laughing. They followed her down the stairs and eventually made it outside, Alessio hopping in the passenger seat and Patrick getting in his own car to head straight back to Tampa to make it for his shift at Memorial Hospital. As promised, Casey turned her music up fairly loud, Alessio singing along with her, having his own little party in the passenger seat. She did not get to see him like this often, for when they drove together, he usually drove and she had her own party.