twenty three

[ Sorry this chapter took so long! I've been up north all week and been busy! Hopefully make it up to you all by posting a few this week, but enjoy! ]

"I think I'm gonna turn it down." Casey sighed as she laid in her bed, staring at the ceiling. She had been talking with Riley about it for the last hour or so, and after going back and forth over FaceTime she was thinking more about her education over playing professionally.

"We both know you want to play professionally. What are you gonna do with a law degree? Be a lawyer that plays soccer? You're not gonna have enough daylight to do any of that." Riley reasoned with her, and Casey groaned.

"I know, I want to play professionally, but I want to get my college degree." She answered. She wanted to play professionally, but she also wanted to stay in college.

"What if you changed your major and took online classes?" She suggested, and Casey sat up on the bed.

"That's not a bad idea." She said. "What would I major in? I can't exactly do online law classes."

"You've always wanted to be a coach. What if you majored in sport management and athletic training? It'd be easier than trying to do online lawyer classes."

"I was actually planning on minoring in sports management. I'll have to go meet with my counselor tomorrow, it's too late tonight."

"I've got to get up early for practice, and it's already midnight."

"I'll talk to you tomorrow. Night Ri."

"Goodnight, let me know how everything goes."

Since classes had not really started yet, Casey was able to switch majors and to online classes without a problem. She had already called Marc Skinner and told him she would be taking the Orlando Pride spot, and she could not be more excited but disappointed at the same time. She was ready to start playing professionally, but she would miss the quick friends she had played with over the last few weeks on the team as well as her coaches.

Even though she was dressed to be training, she arrived at practice without any of her equipment, and Mark already knew what her decision was. He instantly went up to her and gave her the biggest hug. She hugged him back, and they just laughed.

"You're gonna do great Casey." He said to her.

"Thanks coach." She responded, and they both walked over to the rest of the team.

"Alright ladies, before we start training, Casey has some news she'd like to share with all of you." He announced to all of them, and they all stopped what they were doing.

"As much as I have enjoyed my time here with all of you, and as much as I love it here, I'm going to be leaving. I got a contract offer to play with the Orlando Pride through the next two seasons. I'll still be a student here, I'll be doing online classes. I just want to thank you all for giving me this opportunity and I'm going to miss you all." She told them, and as shocked as they were, they were happy for her.

"Go kick some ass Casey! We'll be rootin' for ya." Emma said, and she smiled.

"Don't have another practice with us?" Taylor asked.

"I wish, but Skinner has asked that I get started right away, so I'll be moving to Orlando this afternoon." She responded with a sigh. "Well I better get going, I'll be back to watch the first game of the season."

"Thank you for all you've done for us this season already Casey. Go kill it in Orlando." Mile said to here, and she smiled, shaking his hand. With that, she went to the parking lot and got in her car, which was already loaded with all the stuff from her dorm. She had already called her parents and Jackson to keep them in the loop of what was going on, and although her parents were not totally on board with her decision, they were excited for their daughter. She was going to be making some money doing what she loved; playing soccer. Jackson had wanted to come and help her get situated, but he had football practice everyday almost all day.