forty-five

[ What? Two updates in two days? Hope you enjoy! ]

Although she had insisted she was fine, Alessio could not stop worrying about Casey while he was at work. He had been in the office all week and every other day in the evenings he was at the bar. He could not stop worrying.

"Hey Mr. Miller, there's a call for you from your home. Should I send it through?" His secretary said through the intercom.

"Yes please put it through." He responded with a small chuckle. He put his feet up on his desk and picked the phone up off the receiver. He turned in his office chair to face the skyline, the sun setting behind the Chicago skyscrapers.

"Is this the office of Alessio Miller?" Casey asked on the other end of the line.

"Why yes it is, and who may this be?" He chuckled in response.

"Just a lonely girl who's here for one more night wanting to see her boyfriend." She answered with a sigh, and he laughed.

"Well I am off in about an hour, and I'm thinking we can do dinner and have a nice evening before you leave in the morning." He responded as he heard a knock on the door. He turned in his chair and saw his secretary peeking in through the door. "One second babe." He said to Casey and put the headset against his chest. "Yes Lori?"

"There a couple suits out here demanding to see you for a few minutes. Should I let them in?" She told him, and he looked down at his calendar for the day.

"They're not on my schedule. Did they say why?" He asked her, looking through the frosted glass windows to see three men in suits waiting outside in the lobby in front of his office. He then looked back to Lori.

"No, they just said they needed to speak with you urgently." She responded. He then put the phone up to his ear.

"Hey babe, I'm gonna have to call you back." He said to Casey.

"Yeah, alright. I'll see you when you get home?" She responded, and he smiled.

"Of course. I love you." He told her, and he felt her smile through the phone.

"I love you too. I'll see you when you get home." She responded, and he hung up the phone. He looked back to Lori.

"I'm going to keep the intercom on because I have no clue who these guys are. I'll be recording just in case anything happens." He told her, and she nodded. She stepped aside and gestured for the men to come into his office. He stood up out of respect as Lori closed his office door, and he came around the desk.

"Good evening, Mr. Miller." One of them said to him, and he nodded curtly and shook their hands.

"Gentlemen." He greeted with suspicion..

"Sorry we come to you unexpectedly, but we have some business to discuss with you." Another one said.

"It would be nice to get some names first, since you obviously know mine." He responded, sitting back down in his seat.

"I'm sorry. Cooper Jackson, this is George Ritcher, and that's Ron Wessley. We're from Orlando and we were hoping to talk business with you." Cooper Jackson said, finally introducing himself. "And I promise we'll make it quick." He added. The talk of Orlando intrigued him, so he was curious as to what he had to say.

"Alright, hit me. What kind of business are we talking about?" He asked, leaning back in his chair and putting his feet back up on the desk.

"Well we were hoping to start a chain of your one of a kind bar." The man introduced as George said, and he sat up, furrowing his brow.