five

"So how was your spring break?" Riley asked as they got ready for their training session after school in the locker room. She smiled then looked to her feet as she slid her Birkenstocks back on her feet after she got her socks on.

"Uh, it was good, boring until Jackson and Daniel took me with them on this road trip, and I trained with Florida State on Thursday, then Friday night my mom called me and told me Florida State is giving me a full ride." Casey spilled, and her jaw dropped and slapped her arm.

"And you didn't tell me?" She asked in a scolding tone, Casey rubbing her arm from where she got slapped.

"Um, ow, that hurt, and no because I was waiting to see if I would get another offer from Duke, but I think I'm gonna go to FSU." She answered as they went out the back doors to the field.

"So my best friend is gonna be a Seminole? That's exciting!" She shouted as they got to the field.

"What's exciting?" Jenna asked as they set their bags down to switch into their cleats.

"Casey got a full ride to FSU." Riley answered for her, and they all started congratulating her.

"Thanks guys, really." She responded with a smile as she finished tying her cleats, their coach coming out.

"Alright, we've got a boat load of games coming up so we're going to work on what we need to, which isn't a lot, then just go easy the next two weeks. Ready to go?" He said, cutting right to the chase of their training. They all groaned as a response but went and warmed up, ready to get going.

"So, road trip with Daniel and Jackson. How'd that go?" Riley asked as they lead the line around the field.

"Uh it was fun, I got burnt pretty bad the first day but we have fun." She responded simply, leaving out all the details. They had done quite a bit around Florida, being tourists on a long weekend. The beaches had been dead with all the northerners going home, so it was just the three of them touring their home state.

"Okay, but what else?" She asked, her curiosity not backing down.

"What do you mean?"

"You went on a road trip. With two guys. One of them in which you've had the biggest crush on since freshman year. Something had to happen!"

"I mean..."

"Spill!"

Casey sighed as they started to stretch out. "All that happened was he helped me put aloe and lotion on my back, and we slept in the same bed together because there were two beds in the motel room. Nothing happened."

"Nothing happened? Casey, that's like, more than friends type shit. You slept in the same bed!"

"So? That doesn't mean anything."

"If he didn't like you he would have slept with Daniel or on the floor."

Casey did not respond but with a laugh, rolling her eyes. "Nothing happened."

"You say that now."

"Alright ladies, let's get into possession four corners, Cas I'll warm you up." Coach Henderson said to them as they finished stretching. Casey walked over to her bag and took off her fitbit and bracelets and put on her gloves, grabbing a couple balls and heading over to the net with her coach. "Hope your spring break was good, did you go to that training you were talking about?"

"Uh yeah, it was good, and yeah, I trained with the team. FSU is offering me a full ride, so I think that's where I'm ending up." She responded as they volleyed the ball back and forth to each other.