four

There was a knock on the side door at seven in the morning while Casey was just finishing her packing for her road trip weekend with Daniel and Jackson. She had no idea where they were going, but she was excited to get away. She was told to bring some change of clothes, her bathing suit, and anything thing else she could fit into a backpack. She wore her Birkenstocks but brought her Nikes for if they did any walking around. She looked out the side door and found Daniel and Jackson preparing to knock again. She slid the door open.

"Stop, you'll wake my parents!" She whispered as she slid the door closed behind her.

"Ready for this?" Daniel asked, and she nodded excitedly.

"I've been looking forward to this all week." She answered. "Shotgun!" She dibbed as soon as they saw the car, and Daniel groaned.

"Hey, she called it fair and square." Jackson defended, and he went ahead and hopped in the backseat of Jackson's car. She put her backpack in the backseat with him then got into the passenger seat, her phone hooking up to the bluetooth as soon as Jackson turned the car on.

"So, where are we going?" She asked as soon as they got out of the driveway, causing Daniel to laugh.

"You're so impatient." He said, and she shot him a glare before shrugging.

"I want to know that I'm not being kidnapped." She answered, getting a laugh from the both of them.

"We'll explain over breakfast." Jackson answered, and Casey was satisfied enough with the answer. She turned the music up and tapped her finger against the handle of the door. It was early, but she was a morning person, and she was ready to get the day going.

They stopped at a small diner just outside Tampa called Isaac's, and it was somewhere they stopped on the way to games in Orlando for the Pride. They all got the same thing they would get any other time they came so they could get on the road quicker.

"Okay, where are we going?" She asked again, remembering Jackson's promise to tell her when they got to breakfast.

"Well, we are road tripping, but we're just gonna go all over. Maybe hit Disney, Daytona Beach, just go around Florida and hang out. I'm thinking we get a motel one night and stay in the car another night, really road trip this." Jackson said, and she grew excited, then sighed.

"Do we have enough money for all that? I mean I have money, but just what's in my savings account from work." She asked, and Daniel pulled out a wad of cash. "Where the hell did you get all that?"

"I've been saving up for this since freshman year. I knew I wanted to something big senior year, but I wanted to be with my friends, so we're gonna do this. I've got enough money to go to Disney for like, three days." He explained, and she grew excited again.

"Are we really going to Disney?" She questioned, and they shrugged.

"Why not?"

--

They did not end up at Disney, but they went all around the state, the windows down, all three of them singing loud and offkey to the music she was playing. They were having the time of their lives, and eventually they ended up at Daytona Beach, and since it was Friday afternoon, there was not a lot of people there because everyone was heading home. They got some lunch and laid out on the beach, Jackson hooking up his speaker to his phone and the three of them hung out, eating, tanning, and just hanging out.

"So how was training with Florida State?" Jackson asked while they were eating.

"It was alright, they were all really nice and I was able to take some stuff away from it all." She responded with a shrug.