thirty-two

An alarm was blaring through the air the following morning, and Casey's eyes shot open. She reached over to the nightstand to grab her phone, but another hand beat her to it. That was when she realized that she did not end up back in her own hotel room the night before, but rather in Alessio's penthouse.

"Good morning, sunshine." He said with a small smile, his voice groggy.

"Why good morning." She responded with a chuckle. "Listen, I hate to do this..."

"I know, you have to get back to your hotel." He sighed, disappointment sounding in his voice. She turned over to face him, and he was just as beautiful in the daylight as he was in the nightclub lights. Their lips interlocked again, and before she got drawn in, she pulled herself away.

"I'm sorry." She apologized, sitting up and rubbing her eyes.

"Let me get you something to wear so you don't have to do the walk of shame." He said in her ear as he sat up beside her, and she chuckled as he pulled on his briefs and got up from the bed, going to his closet and grabbing a hoodie and running shorts. He also tossed a pair of his Birkenstocks toward her.

"Those might be a little big, but I think shorts and a hoodie would look a little strange with heels. I also went ahead and called an Uber last night about coming and picking you up this morning." He said with a laugh, and she felt her cheeks redden as she pulled the hoodie on over her head. She pulled her panties back on and the shorts back on over.

"Thank you." She said sheepishly as she walked over toward him.

"Whenever you're back in Chicago, you've got a place here." He said with a smile, and she smiled back.

"I'll keep that in mind." She responded as she slipped his Birkenstocks on her feet. They were a little big on her feet, but comfortable. She went to walk toward the door, but she stopped herself in the doorway. "I had a great time last night, Alessio."

"I as well. I hope we can do it again, but with dinner first." He agreed, catching her off guard.

"I'll hold ya to it." Casey smirked, taking a breath and heading out of his bedroom. She made her way downstairs and found the Uber out front. She chuckled and walked toward the back door, opening it and getting in. There was not really an exchange between the driver and herself, but he got her to her hotel. Her ride was paid for, so she got out of the vehicle and went into the lobby. It was still early enough that the team was probably still getting ready to leave, so she got into the elevator and went up to their floor. She hurried to her room and let herself in, Alex just stepping out of the bathroom.

"Well, well, well. How was your night?" She asked her, and Casey chuckled.

"I'll spare you the details, but I'll say it was better than any night spent with Jackson." She responded, Alex gaping at her words.

"Casey you rebel!" She gasped as Casey quickly changed into a better fitting pair of shorts and her Birkenstocks. She kept the sweatshirt on, however, for it was one of the most comfortable pieces of clothing she had ever worn. She packed her backpack and was ready to go, but she knew her hair was a mess, so she brushed it out and braided it back. They continued talking about the rest of their nights, and they were both hungover. Alessio and Casey may have drank a little more after hours before their fun had really began.

"Alright you ready?" Casey asked as it reached the time for them to be leaving.

"Yeah, let's head down to the lobby." Alex sighed as she put her bag onto her shoulder. "So you really think this could be something?" She asked as they exited the room, walking down the hallway.

"I mean, he said whenever I'm in Chicago, I've got a place there, but for now it was just a one-night stand." She responded with a sigh.

"Well, you have an excuse to bring his clothes back." She countered.