ten

"How does it look?" Casey asked as she sat on the bench while their trainer Evan looked at her stitches. They were already starting to heal, which was a good sign, but she still did not know if she would be able to play. She had been watching the team from Robinson High School and they were not looking good. Constantly missed passes, the girls were unfocused, and it looked like five year olds playing hive soccer.

"Well, your stitches are healing, but you can't go a full game. If I remember correctly from the last time you played these guys, you should be fine to play today, just don't work too hard." Evan said with a chuckle, wrapping her leg with a flexible bandage, taping it down, and pulling her sock up for her. The last time they played Robinson High School was their first game of the season where they played awfully, but now they were in their grove, and they were ready for a big win against a team they were embarrassed to only go up three-nil on.

"I'll be all over the field just for you." She answered with a laugh and stood up, testing her walking ability out, for it was one of the first times she had walked on her left leg. She had walked out onto the field with a limp, but after taking some pain medication and getting it all bandaged up, it felt almost as good as new. After she got herself ready, she went over to the sideline that was on the side of the bleachers and found her parents. They were going in number order, so she was right in the front. There were six seniors on the team out of the twenty girls on the team, so it was safe to say that the team would be alright next year, but their substitutes who did not see the field too much had some big shoes to fill; the best defense the state of Florida had ever seen from a high school were all graduating as well as a forward.

"Good evening and welcome to tonight's last home game for the Dragons of Jefferson against the Knights of Robinson High School. Before we start tonight's match, we have some special seniors who have played for the varsity team since their freshman and sophomore years, and as much as we hate to see them go, we cannot wait to see what they accomplish in the near future.

"Number one, we have four year varsity goalkeeper and captain Casey Radcliffe being walked out by her mom and dad Kate and Patrick Radcliffe. Casey will be attending Florida State University off a full ride scholarship for her excellence in the classroom and being a three sport varsity athlete for the past four years. She has signed her letter of intent to play soccer at FSU for the next four years. She will be studying criminal justice and law enforcement and has hopes of attending law school.

"Number two, we have Riley Turner, who has been a four year varsity defender being walked out by her mom and dad Jessica and Henry Turner. Riley will be attending the University of Miami with half of her tuition paid in the fall going through their nursing program and going into medical school.

"Number six, Anna Roberts, has been a three year varsity defender, who is being walked out by her mom Heather, dad Michael, and sister Sarah. Anna is attending the University of Michigan with a soccer athletic scholarship and has signed her letter of intent to play there. She will be studying agricultural science.

"Number twelve, Kendra Hoffman, has been a four year varsity defender, who is being walked out by her mom and dad Kennedy and Rick Hoffman. Kendra will be attending Georgia State University in the fall and studying mechanical engineering.

"Number fifteen, we have Olivia Asher, who has been a three year varsity defender. She is being walked out by her dad Kevin Asher. Olivia will be attending the University of Tampa on a volleyball scholarship and has earned enough in scholarships to pay for her entire time at the university. She will be studying elementary education.

"Number sixteen, we have Terra Scarlet, who has been a three year varsity forward. She is being walked out by her mom Allison Scarlet. Terra will be attending the University of Tampa as well, but is undecided on her major. She hopes to get an education in the direction of either the medical field or chemistry field.