seventeen

Thursday flew by, going through three vigorous training sessions starting at nine in the morning. The goalkeepers focused on their tactical skills in the morning, moving quick on their feet, ability to get up off the ground for a rebound. Casey was having a ton of fun, even though it was all exhausting. Her teammates always wondered how she always had a ton of energy, and it was because she was used to being extremely busy.

That afternoon they built up their strength and stamina in the fitness center, and it was fun. Music was blaring, everyone dancing around as they completed their fitness list that Dawn Scott had crafted for them all. Casey got in on all the fun, dancing around with Crystal and Julie as they went through their workouts. She fit right in with the team, but she could only dream of joining the other twenty-two players going to the World Cup in a couple weeks.

That evening around seven they were back at the stadium to work on team building, such as some partner fitness drills and mini scrimmages throughout the hour. It was very laid back, the team having a good time at their last official training before their game on Saturday, for they would have a light "training" tomorrow afternoon, but it was just to get loose and ready to go for their game against New Zealand. Casey would be missing that session, for she would be walking across the stage at her high school athletic field and officially graduate from high school. Jill said she could take the day, just to be back and ready to go for their game Friday night.

Casey was lying in her hotel room, debating if she wanted to leave tonight or wake up in the morning to get to the school by nine in the morning, which meant she needed to leave my seven all ready to go. She had made sure to pack her dress and heels she was going to wear, but her cap and gown was at Riley's ready to go. Riley had also decorated their caps, and she was excited, for it was a nod to Finding Nemo about finding an exit buddy. Casey was not very artistic, so she was glad Riley was decorating them. She looked at the time, seeing that she would not arrive in Tampa until eleven or twelve if she were to leave tonight, so she decided to stay put and leave in the morning.

She made sure her dress was hanging and she had all of her makeup ready to go before she got ready for bed. She checked her alarm to see if it was still set for quarter to six, which was her daily wake-up time. She climbed into bed and plugged her phone in, and as soon as she did, there was a knock on her door. She groaned as she got out of bed, letting her head drop backward in exhaustion as she walked over to the door and opened it.

"Ah shit did we wake you?" Kelley asked, and she sort of shrugged in response.

"I was just about to go to bed." She answered with a sigh.

"Well we just wanted to congratulate you for tomorrow since you'll be out of here at the ass crack of dawn." Emily said, and Casey smiled.

"Thank you, but I'd really like to go to bed." She sighed, and they nodded.

"Of course, but first, we want to give you this, from the team to you." Kelley said, holding out a bag to her. She took it in her hand, looking down to the bag then back to them.

"Well, open it!" Emily urged, and she raised her hands in defense as she started to open the bag. She searched through the tissue paper and found a small box at the bottom. She pulled it out and set the bag on the floor and opened the box. Inside was an Alex and Ani custom bangle bracelet with a soccer ball on it, but on the back was a small engraved message.

'Make your dreams a reality'

"I don't know what to say, thank you." Casey said with a smile, looking up to the both of them.

"We've never had someone graduate during camp, so Jill thought we should do something nice." Kelley responded as she hugged her. Emily joined in, and Casey just laughed.