Chapter Twenty Seven

"Ugh, I don't know! I like both places. If we go with the St. Regis it will be classic and elegant and I could see white roses and candles everywhere. Orrrr, we could do a destination wedding. What do you think?"

Shawn barely heard a word she said, he was too busy playing the latest 2K game that came out.

"Block block block! God damn these niggas are useless. Defense nigga, defense!"

Beyonce smacked her lips.

"Shawn, hello?"

He looked over at her for a brief moment, "My bad baby, what you say?"

She rolled her eyes. 

"I want to know where you think we should get married," she said.

"Wherever you want," he said still zoned in on his game.

"Wherever I want? So if I wanted to get married in a cave, you'd say yes?"

"Yeah for sure," he said.

"Ugh, you so damn annoying when you play that game," she said as she shut her laptop and got up from the couch. 

"My bad, let me finish this right quick. Get that nigga!"

Beyonce walked into the kitchen to get a snack when she heard her phone ringing. She smiled seeing it was her mom calling. She answered it, putting it on speaker so she could her her as she walked around the kitchen.

"Mama!"

"Hey baby, what you doing?"

"I was trying to work on some stuff for the wedding, but Shawn started playing that stupid game and isn't being any help. So I took a break to get a snack, what are you doing?"

"I'm actually just taking a break too, I finished up most of my clients for the day. What stuff were you working on? Anything I could help with?"

"Well, I was trying to pick the location, the wedding planner said that's kind of the foundation of planning your wedding besides the date. I've looked into possibly getting married at the St. Regis," she said.

Ms. Tina smiled through the phone, the St. Regis held a lot of special memories for their family. That was where her parents met and later wed as well, and once upon a time when she was still with Beyonce's father, they always had special dates there. 

"Do you have any other places in mind?"

"I was possibly thinking a destination wedding, but I want everyone to be able to come. It'd be easier for people to fly to a different state than a different country. Plus, the St. Regis is so special," said Beyonce. 

"I think your grandmama would be touched to hear that you wanted to get married there. It will be beautiful," she said. 

"I agree mama, I think that's the place I have in my heart. I also had something that I wanted to ask you," said Beyonce. 

"Oh yeah, and what is that my child?"

"I want you to design my wedding dress," she said. 

"You want me to design it? And.. make it?"

"Yes! You're one of the best seamstresses I know, you used to make all of our clothes back in the day, it would make my day so special," she said.

"Oh baby, well if that's what you want, I would be honored to make your dress. Have you picked a date?"

"Yes we have, we're getting married on April 4th," said Beyonce.

"April 4th, so we have a little over six months," said Ms. Tina.